which the best web server?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AErofas

AErofas

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

hello guys, I need the best web server for my web on my vps. I need web server with low memory used and secure from DDOS. I am using Apache web server, but it takes up very high memory if many visitors at same time. So what is your recommend for that?

#2 coulson8810

coulson8810

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Go for nfoservers.com, there are different packages and unlimited storage, bandwidth etc. It is fast and easy to start with, it has autoinstallers which you can start with however I believe you will be using invision which in that case is also pretty good for that as you can easily connect to it using an FTP program such as Filezilla. However, the only downsides are the out of date design of the website (but easy to cope with) and a limit of connections allowed at the same time (lowest package has 50 and highest has 200) but for what you are getting the price is underpriced in my opinion. Good place to start with, they also offer vps for low prices with great performance.

#3 CrimsonAqua

CrimsonAqua

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

I really find Nginx to be superior to Apache for many use cases, though for simple purposes like running a one page site Apache is better.

#4 freaky69

freaky69

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

I second Nginx, is more faster ! You can also try OpenLiteSpeed, which is good too :)

#5 dado

dado

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

I will recommend Nginix and find on google tutorials for you need.

Invision Virus - best place for websmasters!

#6 gisfreak

gisfreak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

I use litespeed for my IPB forum, no problem so far

#7 SirFulgeruL

SirFulgeruL

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Donator

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

I use on my server VestaCP because I have more websites.
VestaCP is runnning nginx with apache2 togheter.

If you only want to host a website I recommend nginx.

#8 Christhopher

Christhopher

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:26 AM

→ use https://www.blueangelhost.com, They have a great plan and discont and you can put a banner on your site to obtain money from clicks. Right now I only pay 5.50 US/month for my site unlimited hosting plan. Can't beat that.

#9 CrosRoad95

CrosRoad95

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

I allways use ovh.pl and vps, but serverproject.pl test web servers for only 0.0025$ / mounth ( REALLY! 0.01gr = 0.0025$)

If you want, deposit 0.25$ and buy 100 web servers :D

Edited by CrosRoad95, 27 August 2017 - 12:23 AM.

#10 pacheco16

pacheco16

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Apache is not heavy, you just did not do an optimization on it to have a better performance, I recommend you switch to ngixn, and look for database optimization.
Everything is about optimization, the one studied with calmness that will see that it can make a true miracle.
Apache is not heavy, you just did not do an optimization on it to have a better performance, I recommend you switch to ngixn, and look for database optimization. Everything is about optimization, the one studied with calmness that will see that it can make a true miracle.

#11 lilobzh

lilobzh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

apache is easy to configure. Nginx is more optimized but it is difficult to configure.

#12 DrSpawn

DrSpawn

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Apache < Nginx < LiteSpeed

Depends on the workload. if you need just to host one site apache is easier. but nginx and litespeed gives you more control and protection

#13 darknessxk

darknessxk

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Using nginx on my ips no problems or any performance until now!

#14 scenesky

scenesky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostDrSpawn, on 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Apache < Nginx < LiteSpeed

Depends on the workload. if you need just to host one site apache is easier. but nginx and litespeed gives you more control and protection

Nginx is definitely better than Apache. Sure, .htaccess files are convenient, but it's not worth the performance loss.
I must admit, Nginx is much easier to work with after everything (php-fpm, site config files, SSL, etc.) is set up.

#15 Ex1Tko

Ex1Tko

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

You need to say from what country you are for take the best advice. You should have server from same country where you live for the best connection.

#16 Pixelsxo

Pixelsxo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

I prefer Apache > Nginx, but for purchasing an actual VPS, Vultr.com is probably the best cos they're really reliable and they have pretty cheap prices @ $2.5/month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users