computer software

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lenan123

Lenan123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Hi guys i want to share something that you might want to know, this is about Windows by the way.

Did you know that the first Commercial OS of Microsoft called MS DOS because when IBM came to Microsoft asking for a 16-bit operating system, the company had to scramble to get one together. Rather than writing a new one from the ground up, it turned to Seattle Computer Products and its existing 86-DOS (aka QDOS), and bought a non-exclusive license for $25,000. The next Spring, in May 1981, it hired away the program's author, programmer Tim Paterson. And then, on July 27, it paid another $50,000 for all rights. A month later, it was shipping on IBM personal computers, and eventually turned Bill Gates and Paul Allen into two of the world's richest men.

#2 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

Community Manager

• Community Manager
  • 2,686 posts

Donator

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:17 AM

nothing new ;)
Posted Image

#3 ScarsoLP

ScarsoLP

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

I did not actually know that 0.o

#4 gamingxmayhem

gamingxmayhem

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

I never actually knew the story about Bill Gates' fame and all of his money etc. It was interesting to see this.

#5 Lulek1337

Lulek1337
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Anyway, in those days Polish 'pseudo computer' was much faster and more efficient but Polak had no money to promote.
Microsoft wanted to buy from him the project for a few thousand but did not want to sell it.
Bill Gates because he had earned the money earned earlier in the company.

#6 IndiFFer3nT

IndiFFer3nT

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

I didn't actually knew that. Good off-topic.
- REMOVED AD

#7 gdog123

gdog123

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostLenan123, on 06 January 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Hi guys i want to share something that you might want to know, this is about Windows by the way.

Did you know that the first Commercial OS of Microsoft called MS DOS because when IBM came to Microsoft asking for a 16-bit operating system, the company had to scramble to get one together. Rather than writing a new one from the ground up, it turned to Seattle Computer Products and its existing 86-DOS (aka QDOS), and bought a non-exclusive license for $25,000. The next Spring, in May 1981, it hired away the program's author, programmer Tim Paterson. And then, on July 27, it paid another $50,000 for all rights. A month later, it was shipping on IBM personal computers, and eventually turned Bill Gates and Paul Allen into two of the world's richest men.

You learn something new everyday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users