•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

* * * * * 1 votes

From Windows 1 to Windows 10: 29 years of Windows evolution

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: From Windows 1 to Windows 10: 29 years of Windows evolution (84 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. Windows 1 (1 votes [1.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

2. Windows 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Windows 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Windows 3.1 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Windows 95 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Windows 98 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Windows ME (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Windows 2000 (1 votes [1.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.19%

9. Windows XP (6 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

10. Windows Vista (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Windows 7 (29 votes [34.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.52%

12. Windows 8 (2 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

13. Windows 8.1 (2 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

14. Windows 10 (43 votes [51.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 FireReaver

FireReaver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Tried all windows since Windows 96, sincerely XP had a place on my heart (very good memories of that decade), was a very explosive bunch of features and design but i think that in the wish of win the fight with iOS Windows left the performance and stick to fan service (with the ugly Vista)

The redeem of Windows was Windows 7, very good performance and design but "more of the same", i think that the peak of Windows is right now with Windows 10, it would be better if did a better job with RAM.

#22 bobthaswab

bobthaswab

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

Windows 10 and 7 for the win, 7 is best tho

#23 archerfish

archerfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Windows 10 has been rock solid for me. However, I really, really hate its design. Inconsistent menu styles and colors. It feels like it was put together really quickly. Windows 7 is still my favorite Windows OS though, as it's got a gorgeous interface that is fast. It's also stable and doesn't include a lot of the tracking features that MS put in with Win10 (I know you can disable them, but it's still a pain).

I started using Windows back in the 3.1 days, so I have really enjoyed seeing its evolution over the last nearly 3 decades. The biggest win for me was when I switched from the consumer-based Windows 98 to the NT-based Windows 2000. The stability improvements were amazing. I'm glad MS finally put a bullet in the Win98/WinME product line and focused on creating XP off of the NT platform (which is still used today).

I use Windows less and less these days, dividing my time between my Mac laptop and some Linux and BSD development machines. However I still find I'm so much more productive in a Windows environment than in the other OS's that I use.

#24 Costel

Costel

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Windows 10 because i can work too easy.No problem for photoshop and another program for design.

#25 TwisterR

TwisterR

I love Ragnarok

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Locationhttp://localhost/

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

I have been using windows 10 since its release, and so far I have found no notable negative points. By the way, I found it lighter than Windows 7 and much better than 8 / 8.1.

#26 Nestani

Nestani

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Donator

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

The first OS I used was windows 98.

I really liked it but compared to the newer windows it's awful to even look at. XP was pretty good, the only really memorable thing about XP is just playing C&C all the time.
But to choose a favorite OS it's a hard choice between 7 and 10 they are both very similar and very different. But in the end I'd probably choose 7

#27 vereeq

vereeq

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Windows 7 is the best. I think microsoft made it by mistake :D seriously its too good!

#28 ludacina98

ludacina98

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

More and more progresses windows with versions for now I like it windows 7 and 10

#29 gam3vidz

gam3vidz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:14 AM

My favorite os was windows 7 I know pretty stereotypical. I was rather scared of using windows 10 because  of security concerns and well Cortona just watching what I say creepy and it randomly downloads games like candy crush it was a mess until got windows 10 N version which complies with European law so no bloatware

#30 dannyw1

dannyw1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

I remember my first OS was windows 98, I also remember the dial tone when connecting to the internet lol. However I would need to say windows 10 is my favourite since it easily connects to everything in the house !

#31 Kihase

Kihase

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

My first operating system was windows 95, playing with my parents' PC ... the jump from there to now .. I use windows10 .. it has been spectacular

#32 OnlyTechNation

OnlyTechNation

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

My favorite Windows was WinXP, but then came Win7 and I fell in love.. I went away from the world for 5 years and never got to experience windows 8. But then I got reintroduced to the world and my old 2012 Inspiron that was running Win7 Pro forced me to update to Win10. Now I am even more in love lol.. My least favorite was ME and Vista. They were just so full of bugs and restricted users from being able to do basically anything. In my personal opinion, Microsoft's biggest mistake was probably Vista..
Posted Image

#33 SloCket

SloCket

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:49 PM

I've been using Windows 7 since it came out, and I'm very pleased.
I mean, I have the windows unchanged for over 4 years!

#34 TrynCatchMe

TrynCatchMe

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

I have been around since windows XP days back in school and getting my first PC very young on windows Vista, But I have to say over the years they have been stepping there game up (Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Aside *Garbage OS*) but overall the new windows ten has treated me VERY well and I am very happy with it.

#35 sean82206

sean82206

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

I got my first computer with XP. Thought I knew a lot then, but I was around 7. Haha, I knew nothing. When Vista came out, I hated it, bugs and everything always screwed up games, would never update. Fell in love with Windows 7, and didn't want to migrate to 10 when it came it because I hated the look. Now I've installed 10 on all machines in my home (media servers, domain servers, and PCs). Just glad it's the last Windows to be made. No more having to upgrade and purchase more keys.

#36 sabastan

sabastan

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:16 AM

Although Windows 10 may look nicer and have a some what better filing system I still feel you can not polish a terd. Windows is such a memory hog compared to any flavor of Linux. If I had to choose one of any would be Windows Xp because it was faster than most and was a lot less memory hog.
Falling Dayz Returns To Madness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users