what do you think about ipb forum ?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 tuoitre

tuoitre

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

i had install some forums, ex : ipb,vbb,xenforo,phpbb.. but each forum had something different. So, what do you think about ipb forum ? why do you like ipb forum ?

#2 Mercedes-Benz

Mercedes-Benz

Accounts manager

• Administrator
  • 420 posts
  • Locationinvision-virus

Posted 21 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

depending what your forum is explain more
Posted Image

#3 tiagoyokai

tiagoyokai

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:16 AM

I think IPB is the most complete. But depending of your project, others can be great too.

#4 neckrotic

neckrotic

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

Its pretty good, a bit tricky to use if you've never used it before, setting it up was actually easier than i thought it would be, iv'e only been using it for about 4-5 days now, still figuring bits and pieces out, but overall its the best i've used (used mainly free forum softwares), not as limited with themes as most forums, and the skins and mods are so much better.

#5 Humaniac

Humaniac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationCologne - NRW - Germany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

I use IPBoard or better IPCS for several years. At that time it was still quite difficult to handle. As the operator of a forum you had then very often lines of code change by hand. However, since nowadays the affairs runs ever faster, no longer remains too much time playing around the backbone.

For me, the IP community Suite, especially today's version, the best forum software out there. Would it make my financial situation, I would even be willing to buy a license.

#6 ljwser

ljwser

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

I am a user from old IPBoard. Really like this forum. It is a powerful and stable program with lots of plugins. And these 3 features makes this forum program become my best choice.

#7 Marzia

Marzia

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

I have only ever tried the IPS4 demo.. it looks pretty nifty, I really want to be able to run one that is not a demo. I would like to say more but I need to handle it first without any restrictions and I will definitely give more reviews on it. xD

#8 KennyDev

KennyDev

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

In my opinion IPB is the best forum system as it has several useful systems in addition to more applications, skins and is the most complete of all the systems.

#9 SnowiBob

SnowiBob

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:43 AM

In my time I have used VB, phpbb (2 & 3), SMF (1 & 2), MyBB, MegaBBS (we're going back a long way there!) and various others. Of course, now I use IPB and I wouldn't turn back. It's fantastic.

#10 LoveTherapy

LoveTherapy

meow

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCracow!

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:16 AM

According to me, IPB is the easiest to use and I like to work in it :> This is my "hobby". I can solo learn php etc. :>

#11 skitz

skitz

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:37 AM

Until now XenForo was the best, now I want to test IP.B. :D

#12 kingfish

kingfish

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:16 PM

I've always used IPB so that's why I currently use it. Although I really like the look of Xenforo and if I could be bothered putting money into a forum. I'd definitely use Xenforo.

#13 TheTastyPie

TheTastyPie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

IPB has many addons, plugins, themes some are free, some paid, but I prefer nulled ones, for example in from this forum you can download almost anything you need fo your website that runs IPB. Easy administration, looks great and the main thing is that IPB forums are easy to use for users (of course it depends on what theme you use). I recommend you to stay on IPB.

#14 dustin1608

dustin1608

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, I agree with Mercedes-Benz. It's pretty dependent on what you want your forum to be and how it looks. As the each forum haves something different and unique.

I personally like using IP Community Suite as it just has a bit more professional look to it that I'm looking for. I also think it just easier to use then the other forum software. I've already bought a couple themes for it and they all look pretty
nice. Though if your more comfortable with the other forums you maybe wanna stay with them until you would like to move over, as it better to feel comfortable switching then not and messing something up entirely, but hey that part of learning sometimes.

#15 steven0403

steven0403

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:17 PM

I want to test the IPB. I had MyBB, WBB installed and wanna look now how great the IPB is :D

#16 n00ms

n00ms

• Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

I have access to lots of other forums with my provider but IPB just seems to give me everything I need with a nice admin interface.

#17 narien123

narien123

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

For me IPB have most of the function you need on your Forum , And easy to use .
some other forum u need to install somthing manually like theme / etc .

#18 apryaldy

apryaldy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

personally, when i found and starting using IPB, i tough IPB is:
- easy to configure (after several reading of course)
- have a great design, user friendly and also already mobile friendly make me easy to watch the forum

#19 MrAxel

MrAxel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hm...
I use ipb because it is much easier to use and is also the most searched, I advise you to use Ipb because ipb has better options, better apps, better contributors, better styling, more social, more easy to use, in my opinion this is the best choice.

Edited by MrAxel, 02 October 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#20 TmShrdn

TmShrdn

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:31 PM

I like ipb because the admin xp is very user friendly and it's hard to mess most things up. I haven't used any other BB software. But i have never had anything but positive things with IPB. I do recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users