•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

- - - - -

Xenforo Vs IPB

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Sam Killsome

Sam Killsome

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:23 AM

IPB is a lot easyer to use and is better for website, due it be easyer to use

#42 Epherso

Epherso

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

In my humble opinion, after using not only the XenForo also using MyBB, the IPB was the most attended me. Both the flexibility of the system, such as the variety of resources on the internet, is a powerful foruns management system, which gives a range of possibilities for those who use it. IPB recommend!

#43 vietnamtb

vietnamtb

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

View Postjosh09dx, on 07 August 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering about your personal opinions of both Xenforo and IPB which one do you personally think is better?

I've used most but not in much depth so I was wondering for example: in terms of accessibility and simplicity which would be best to use for a forum?

I've always loved messing around with different software for forums and seeing what you can actually do with it and how creative you can be.

Which would you say is better in your opinion? I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks.
in my opinion these two have different strengths and weaknesses. So depending on the intended operation of the selected website source code?

#44 SegaciousZu

SegaciousZu

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

I've always enjoyed how "complete" IPS feels in comparison to Xenforo. XF feels really unpolished in some areas and their design is right out of the early 2000's.

#45 adiaa729374

adiaa729374

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:15 AM

Personally I prefer IPB. I've never used Xenforo as an admin, but a forum I was on for the longest time switched to Xenforo for about a year. It was okay. IPB was sleeker and more user friendly.
Posted Image

#46 stef123

stef123

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

I never tried out Xenforo. I like IPB its way to put all elements of a good website in one package! When I get 5 posts I will try out Xenforo for sure!

#47 Cronix

Cronix

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

I love using ip board as it to me is easy to use and setup and has many options to add in.

#48 shytoos

shytoos

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

I never tried Xenforo, but from what I've seen, IPS is the best looking one.
Being also highly customisable, I really can't answer to you precisely, but IPB might be better.

#49 OriginalWhiteCheddar

OriginalWhiteCheddar

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:24 AM

I would say to use IPB. Overall it's fairly easy to use and it looks good, with the right theme of course. Xenforo is good for it's customization but it's fairly complicated IMO. I personally use IPB and I get the hang of it fairly well so I suppose I'm a little bias.

#50 ExoSan

ExoSan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Until now I used XF mostly, but I will try IPB. From my opinion, XF is very light, easy to install, but I think that the style is a negative point, there are no much nice themes around there but I think there are lots of options for IPB.
One other thing that makes XF a good option is the price for their forum suite, cheaper than IPB.

#51 Ryahn

Ryahn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

I have been using XenForo for about a year. Now that I have been switching over and tested out IPB. I find it a lot easier to use and its permission system is by far better. You will have a lot more control with IPB than you do with XF.

#52 Finex

Finex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

I used both, I prefer IPB over xenforo. IPB is alot easier to use.

#53 Naka

Naka

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:00 PM

I still do not use Xenfor
IPB only.... My preference IPB

#54 Finex

Finex

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

I prefer IPB

#55 EthanRubinacci

EthanRubinacci

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

Personally, I prefer IP.Board, I've been using XenForo for a little while but I've decided to make the change back to IP.Board. IP.Board is definitely much easier to deal with, and overally better on the eyes in my opinion.

#56 BeFreezy

BeFreezy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:30 AM

If you are new to forums, use something like burning board, but if not just go with IPB.

#57 Shyrio

Shyrio

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

I prefer IPB, it's ACP it's easier to use.

#58 SFKandersen

SFKandersen

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

Personally i think that IPBoard is better than xenforo because it is way simple setup. When u look at the backend stuff at xenforo they made it more technically than needed while IPBoard as is way more simpler and easy to get around.

#59 EstebanJara

EstebanJara

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

IPB is much simpler, but finding addons is difficult

#60 Jo3button

Jo3button

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

All just comes down to personal preference in the end, each to there own. But i'll be sticking with IPB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users