•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

- - - - -

Xenforo Vs IPB

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 Steven_Afroman

Steven_Afroman

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

my preference is IPB.
I do not know anything XenForo. :mellow:

#22 snaiperpkk

snaiperpkk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

I have used IPB since around 3.0.x version, and i think there isn't another better comunitty ever.

#23 Marzia

Marzia

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

I was a xenforo user... sadly, the xenapi is easy to penetrate... as of right now... a troll whom I have banned decided to hack my forum and pretty much deleted the everything... will have to start anew, I do not expect any posts to be salvaged, sadly..

SQL injection... it's very sad since our xenforo was purchased apparently the only way to have fixed the xeanapi issue was if I had upgraded to their latest... I have been neglectful....

I am eye-ing on IPS in hopes that it would be better.... that's why I want to try it first right now... :(

#24 Haikenz

Haikenz

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:49 AM

IPB is by far more complete solution.

Looked at xenforo, and while I like it... pretty much all has to be paid add ons.

In a few years, I think it will be good.

For now IPB is the professional grade solution.

From my quick look on Xenforo... most of the stuff I wanted, was even more expensive on Xenforo... then we have licensing issue... Will Xenforo go VB and have a license for each version?

Say what you want, but as long as you have an active IPB license, you have access to all the new versions. Current 3.4 holders will have access to IPB 4.0

If all I wanted was just a straight forum... I would go Xenforo just to play with it.... but just have to know it is not all there. Considering the cheap $110 license for new stuff.... I am tempted to get one just to toy with.

#25 Koex

Koex

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

IPB is a very good Framework, having never tried XenForo I could give my opinion on it, but what is certain is that there is much more plugin on IPB, it is now more than 3 years that I 'uses IPB and I find it quite perfect in design and performance, now I'm on version 3.4 and I'd passed on version 4 when I have the opportunity :)

#26 TheTastyPie

TheTastyPie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:33 PM

Have installed xenforo yesterday, I really liked the look of forum and its themes and a lot of options in acp. In other  hand, there is not much themes that I would like to use, same with plugins, but the main thing I'll stay on IPB is that there is no language pack for my country and I don't think on wasting my time with translating all that stuff, so I'm staying with IPB. Also, easy to administrate, a lot of themes, plugins and all that.

#27 • Jonathan •

• Jonathan •

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:40 AM

I think I defiantly like IPS way more then XenForo, mainly because it's administration.  It's content is way more in-depth.

#28 dzilly

dzilly

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:30 AM

IP Board is about 35 dollars more than Xenforo but it's plus is the fact that it offers a full suite of apps that can extend your forum and make it into a lot more. :mellow:

#29 elenalotus

elenalotus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:40 AM

i like xenforo but IPS is better for gaming server or helping communauty

#30 Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:31 AM

XenForo can look just as good as IPS but I think the UI is a bit clunkier than IPS. It ultimately comes down to the preference of your community and administrators and what they're used to, if they're used to anything. If familiarity isn't an issue then I'd say there really isn't any difference between the two in terms of face-value functionality.

#31 Chasher

Chasher

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:54 AM

For many yearsm I have worked with IP.board and the past year worked with Xenforo. I gotta say IPboard for me has been amazing to use and work with. Xenforo is good but it doesn't have the compatibility, addons, and community and support like it does for IPBoard, I have nothing against Zenforo but I do prefer IP.Board without a doubt.

#32 bbforce

bbforce

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

• Pages
  • Downloads
  • Gallery
  • Calendar
  • Blogs
    E-Commerce
  • Portal
IPB is very powerful with his e-commerce solutions Nexus and if you wish to sale something, that is the best solution.

#33 • Jonathan •

• Jonathan •

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 02:01 AM

I really enjoy IPS way more then XenForo, as I was recently testing out XF on my website. I came to liking IPS way more due to it being entirely custom.

#34 At0mik

At0mik

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:10 AM

I prefer IPB, because it offers many more modules, it is more complete and themes are really nice

#35 chikkoo

chikkoo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Xenforo is still a baby need to improve a lot,
IPS is grown up guy, though it is not perfect, better than Xen.

#36 rex41043

rex41043

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

I've used both XenForo and IPB, I feel like XenForo's permission system can be really annoying to work with at times but I think overall I prefer IPB, haven't used it for as long as XenForo but i'm liking it more so far.

#37 tommygg

tommygg

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

When it comes to speed, security, etc. I would go with xenforo. But since xenforo seems to have a lack of good themes and a lack of addons(theres literally not a single good dark theme that has been released that I saw) I would say for your average user ipb is probably better.

#38 nichlasm

nichlasm

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:57 AM

I guess this might be a personal preference but i do not like XenForo because of the design and management in general.

IPS is more friendly for users at certain thinks if you ask me.

So +1 for IPS

#39 djozii

djozii

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 02:53 AM

Both are very well with the qualities and their defects.

#40 twistedweb

twistedweb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

I myself have hosted both Xenforo and IPB.  I started early on with IPB, plugins were manually added to files, there were no "hooks" per-say.  At some point, hooks made things easier, but I have always found the mobile template to be a major pain getting to work on a variety of devices.  Pages feels kinda clunky.  I agree with what others have said about the pros and cons of both.

If you have the space to do so, I would install both and set them up like you would your community to see which platform works best for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users