Driver Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bluecod394

Bluecod394

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

1. Problem you are having? While I have access to the ACP and can even load threads (provided I have the direct link), loading the index page doesn't work at all. Instead of loading, I am presented with "Driver error: There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with the database...". You will immediately see this if you visit the community.
2. What you were doing when the problem occured? I was editing user groups, the latest action being to delete a group.
3. What version of IP.B are you running? 3.4.6 (ID:34012)
4. Who is your web hosting provider? GoDaddy
5. What is your board URL? (you can send it via PM) http://delixrsps.com/community/
6.Where did you download the IP.B installation package? I was not the person who set it up, but it's a legitimate version as far as I know...
7. Where did you download the Mod/Hook? N/a
8. What did you try to solve the problem? I'm not very experienced with the more advanced sections of IPB, and I can't even see what is wrong with anything as all diagnostic overview resulats and the database index & structure checkers have all returned green.
9. Picture/Video of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/UpRGXiY.png
10. What username and password can we use to see the problem? N/a

#2 Xtewart

Xtewart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

I think it's something your host needs to fix. Send them a ticket explaining the current error.

#3 waha005

waha005

IPB Technical Support

• Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostBluecod394, on 12 September 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

1. Problem you are having? While I have access to the ACP and can even load threads (provided I have the direct link), loading the index page doesn't work at all. Instead of loading, I am presented with "Driver error: There appears to be an error with the database. If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with the database...". You will immediately see this if you visit the community.
2. What you were doing when the problem occured? I was editing user groups, the latest action being to delete a group.
3. What version of IP.B are you running? 3.4.6 (ID:34012)
4. Who is your web hosting provider? GoDaddy
5. What is your board URL? (you can send it via PM) http://delixrsps.com/community/
6.Where did you download the IP.B installation package? I was not the person who set it up, but it's a legitimate version as far as I know...
7. Where did you download the Mod/Hook? N/a
8. What did you try to solve the problem? I'm not very experienced with the more advanced sections of IPB, and I can't even see what is wrong with anything as all diagnostic overview resulats and the database index & structure checkers have all returned green.
9. Picture/Video of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/UpRGXiY.png
10. What username and password can we use to see the problem? N/a

You need to contact your hosting for this problem.

But, one question. Do you delete default group(s), like banned or custom group(s)?
About me:
- I am programmer, i know PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, JQUERY, C++, C#, Perl, Python excellent. Also i'm working with Photoshop for designs, logo, banners etc.

Best regards,
Waha005

#4 blacker966

blacker966

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

this usually happens when your host is performing an upgrade on your MySQL or restarting it

#5 Bluecod394

Bluecod394

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:52 PM

View Postwaha005, on 13 September 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

You need to contact your hosting for this problem.

But, one question. Do you delete default group(s), like banned or custom group(s)?

It was a custom group.

#6 Mr idEaL

Mr idEaL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationhELL

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:33 PM

check ur sql version, php version.
check your databse username password database name. and prefix
Posted Image

#7 CrissAngeL

CrissAngeL

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:33 AM

There appears to be an error with the database.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users