•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Here in the hope of help 3x 20 year old sites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gteuk

gteuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:59 AM

I have had dedicated servers for the past 15 years but due to financing had to give them up and transfer my sites to shared hosting, I stopped paying for invision board as it got way too commercial and forgot its roots.

I am stuck on 3.5 or there abouts as I did not upgrade, when 4.0 come our I had massive problems converting database, on my dedicated servers I got around this by keeping PHP and SQL at same version for those sites.

Now I have moved servers to a shared updated environment I feel I am screwed, I have tried all ways to get it to work with different sql formats on import using heidi SQL, but I get the error

This issue is generally caused by changing your character set in the ACP to one that does not support data stored in the rest of your settings, or by restoring a database backup/completing a server transfer and importing your database tables using the wrong character set or collation. You should contact IPS Technical Support for further assistance.

The only sql error that shows is this, but I think there is a lot more

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM "mysite"_cache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'systemvars','login_methods','vnums','app_cache','navigation_tabs','module_cache','hooks','useragents','useragentgroups','skinsets','outputformats','skin_remap','group_cache','settings','lang_data','banfilters','stats','badwords','bbcode','mediatag','profilefields','rss_output_cache','rss_export','meta_tags','ipseo_acronyms','attachtypes','multimod','moderators','announcements','report_cache','report_plugins','ranks','reputation_levels','chatting','birthdays','calendar_events','calendars','support_staff','support_departments','support_statuses','donation_goals','blog_stats','blogmods','idm_cats','idm_mods' )

I thought upgrading to this sites version could solve this, but the upgrade version shows a 403

convert database first I get this
Error: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated File: /system/Request/Request.php Line: 133

Other than going back to dedicated server is there anyway to fix my sites that I have overlooked, I can live with loosing the sites but its like a messy divorce as so many users are now in limbo :( and I am not skilled enough to fix nor do I have the cash to pay invision, they had enough out of me in the past :(

#2 gteuk

gteuk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 March 2021 - 03:56 AM

I finally fixed this issue it was a very long process but when I get time I will post the way I did it and the lessons learned along with software used :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users