•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

IPS 4.4.10 Sidebar not saving after adding blocks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Venocide

Venocide

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:38 PM

As the title says, I've been running into an issue where I can't edit my sidebar anymore. When I attempt to add blocks to it, they will load and I can click finish. Upon refreshing the page, all newly added blocks have been removed. This is a relatively new forum install, and I had no issues until recently. And before anyone asks, yes I've gone and disabled all plugins/applications that are not native to IPS Suite, alongside clearing cache and my browser's cookies.

Also, has anyone had issues with the Steam Profile Integration refusing to load the settings in the sidebar? I was able to get it to work on the page header section, but not sidebar.

Edited by Venocide, 17 November 2020 - 08:39 PM.

#2 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:40 PM

There is no other explanation than that you have a faulty (bad, evil, misconfigured, etc) server or damaged installation files.
I forgot some people love to use browser extensions (for example https everywhere, script blockers, etc) that seriously interfere with the information being transmitted and one more thing - Firefox and IPS can't be used for a long time together. They just don't work together.

#3 Venocide

Venocide

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:37 PM

Using Hostinger as a webhost. Never had issues with them prior. Also, I've tried this with Chrome, Firefox and that new Opera GX browser. This was working fine when it was first installed, I had the sidebar setup, but when I went to move things around it started to do this.

Edited by Venocide, 18 November 2020 - 11:37 AM.

#4 Venocide

Venocide

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:38 AM

Never mind. I found the issue. Our Discord widget was causing issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users