Jump to content

  •  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Global Template does not exist


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:33 AM

Hey! I have recently shifted my community to new server with new data structure. Everything is working fine but i happened to encounter one issue with global template. I tried editing the global template under edit HTML/CSS in themes section. But after making changes it simply says the page does not exist even though the editor is showing the content of global Template.
My conclusion are it is due to false permission. But i was not able to find the global template or related file on my webserver.
Functions like adding custom code in advertisements section, adding google analytical code and all the codes which are inserted in global template are not working due to not able to locate global template file (possibly permission error).
When i try to add code in new Advertisement section, it simply reflects that the page you are looking for does not exist.
I will be attaching all the required screenshots.

Screenshot Links
https://ibb.co/ScR4wTN
https://ibb.co/pzq2QQ9
https://ibb.co/GFhX1Jg
https://ibb.co/jRK1zfS

IPB version : 4.4.9.2
Downloaded from Invision Virus
PHP version : 7.4
Hosting Provider : Namecheap
Board URL : https://www.zepperplexo.com

Things i have tried to fix
  • Cache reset from both server as well as user side
  • Mysql repair tool
  • Changing to default theme
  • Permission change to 0777 of uploads, datastore, applications folder
Things i have not tried
  • Disable customisation from support tool
  • Debugging the problem at localhost i.e. on my pc by making a virtual server using WAMP
Please help me!
Thanks

#2 neptunus

neptunus

    Invision-Virus Nerd

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:52 PM

You seem to have a number of errors (bad settings) there.
First, IPS 4.4.2 does not have php 7.4 support, so it is not wise to use PHP version 7.4 for this version.
PHP version 7.4 support is available in versions beginning from version 4.4.10.
The other thing I see is that the permission for all folders must be 755 (this is required) and the permission for all files must be 644.
You can only change the prmission of two files if you are using a web service for cron job. Then you need to have the web.php files permissions and on some servers you also need to set the task.php permission 777, even if uses local cron job. If not, the cron jobs may not work if administrator is not logged on.
These files are in the folder: applications\core\interface\task
This question, where You try to change global template and then You get ansver - fail not available...
There may be that the new skins haven't properly installed or the cache hasn't been cleaned. If so then you try to change the cache file and then save it to the location of the actual file, which doesn't actually exist.
Make sure you have all the files where they need to be.
Then go to the admin cpanel and open Support (on left panel bottom) => then check "Something isn't working correctly" => click "Continue".

Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything more because I only see your forum login page.

#3 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:42 PM

View Postneptunus, on 30 July 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

You seem to have a number of errors (bad settings) there.
First, IPS 4.4.2 does not have php 7.4 support, so it is not wise to use PHP version 7.4 for this version.
PHP version 7.4 support is available in versions beginning from version 4.4.10.
The other thing I see is that the permission for all folders must be 755 (this is required) and the permission for all files must be 644.
You can only change the prmission of two files if you are using a web service for cron job. Then you need to have the web.php files permissions and on some servers you also need to set the task.php permission 777, even if uses local cron job. If not, the cron jobs may not work if administrator is not logged on.
These files are in the folder: applications\core\interface\task
This question, where You try to change global template and then You get ansver - fail not available...
There may be that the new skins haven't properly installed or the cache hasn't been cleaned. If so then you try to change the cache file and then save it to the location of the actual file, which doesn't actually exist.
Make sure you have all the files where they need to be.
Then go to the admin cpanel and open Support (on left panel bottom) => then check "Something isn't working correctly" => click "Continue".

Unfortunately, I can't suggest anything more because I only see your forum login page.
I have changes php back to 7.3.20
Set permissions to 0755 for all but task.php and web.php under task folder

Ran the support tool to clear cache.
How to change the location of cache file ?

#4 neptunus

neptunus

    Invision-Virus Nerd

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:58 PM

View PostBrute_Hunt, on 30 July 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

How to change the location of cache file ?
I recommend to keep the original settings until you've made any other necessary changes. Only then can you change the default settings, such as where to save the cache, whether to enable the template cache, and so on.
Go to admincp => find there "Advanced Configuration" click on it and in the new window, there on the right select Label "Data Storage". There select what and where to store.
That should help.
The template cache is on the same place, only under the Label "Server Environment". The last line.

#5 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:48 PM

View Postneptunus, on 30 July 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

I recommend to keep the original settings until you've made any other necessary changes. Only then can you change the default settings, such as where to save the cache, whether to enable the template cache, and so on.
Go to admincp => find there "Advanced Configuration" click on it and in the new window, there on the right select Label "Data Storage". There select what and where to store.
That should help.
The template cache is on the same place, only under the Label "Server Environment". The last line.
Umm! i tried what you have said but still getting same error on global template ..

Can i install fresh IPB and not lose the data like posts, members ?

#6 neptunus

neptunus

    Invision-Virus Nerd

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

If it is already installed, it cannot be installed a second time in the same location, you can only upgrade. Or create a new database and install using it and connect the databases later. (Be sure to keep the old database until the new one works)
But you can make a backup of the database, if you used MySQL, if you used a file system, of course you can also store these files, but the thing is more complicated.
But still you can uninstall or disable almost everything one by one. This means you can remove all skins except the default skin, all extensions, etc., as well as IPS components except System 4.4.2 Invision - it's locked and if something more is locked, for example forums, it cannot be uninstalled.
Once you have done the backup and uninstalled, you can clear any cache and then make the changes or reinstall/reenable the things You needed.
Only don't forget to backup database and if possible, don't delete old database before the new is working as should.

Try removing all added skins and extensions first and then doing a cleanup - Advanced Configuration => find View Tasks => click it and if the table opens run manually all tasks that cleans something.

#7 Robinson

Robinson

    Community Team

  • Community Team Leadership
  • 572 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:57 PM

You could just redownload the theme, upload it, then copy and paste over the global template. Might save you a lot of hassle.

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

  

           Posted Image


#8 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

View PostRobinson, on 30 July 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

You could just redownload the theme, upload it, then copy and paste over the global template. Might save you a lot of hassle.

I have tried that ... the thing is for default theme, i am getting same error .. while saving global template file ...

#9 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:31 PM

I do not want to lose the content like posts, members and all ....
Any better alternative is welcomed.
It shows global template but i can not edit it .. because while saving it says the page you are requested does not exist.

#10 Robinson

Robinson

    Community Team

  • Community Team Leadership
  • 572 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:26 AM

Download the entire Database, then reinstall, upload database.

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

  

           Posted Image


#11 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:09 AM

View PostRobinson, on 01 August 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

Download the entire Database, then reinstall, upload database.
First i think i should try it on localhost .. because there are images, and other files ... if i install fresh IPB and load old database, will it going to load all the images, post and members automatically?

#12 Robinson

Robinson

    Community Team

  • Community Team Leadership
  • 572 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:44 PM

Should do

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

  

           Posted Image


#13 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:50 PM

View PostRobinson, on 01 August 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

Should do
Do not close the topic i will post my update after setting it up on localhost.

One more thing, I am trying to install IPS 4.4.9.2 on localhost but it says invalid license ... without license it won't let me install on localhost ..
any suggestions?

Edited by Brute_Hunt, 02 August 2020 - 07:13 PM.


#14 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

View PostRobinson, on 01 August 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

Download the entire Database, then reinstall, upload database.
Reinstalling IPS and loading old database does not work .... i have just tried it..
Have to find another alternative

#15 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:38 PM

Update, I made a localhost and copied all the files from web server to localhost and then i tried to edit global template and it is saving on localhost...
Now i am confused!

#16 Brute_Hunt

Brute_Hunt

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:17 AM

Update!
It was Mod_security issue.. Disable the mod_security or whitelist rules if you want to keep mod_security..
And this type of problem will not occur!
Thanks, anyways for your assistance!

+rep




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users