•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

404 - Not Found

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Youssef.

Youssef.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

Describing the problem:
1. What problem are you having? 404 Not found
2. What were you doing when the problem occurred? I was moving to another server
3. Picture/Video of the problem: (an error code should be pasted here, please use "code" bbcode)
Not Found
The resource requested could not be found on this server!
4. An error log should be pasted here via screenshot or in code for detailed preview
There is no errors in the error log which is weird
Versions:
5. What version of IP.B are you using? 4.2.2
6. What PHP version are you running? 7.2
Required links:
7. Who is your web hosting provider? I was using blueangelhost shared hosting but moved to a vps from blueangelhost too
8. What is your board URL? (you can send it via PM if we ask you for it)
IP.B Package/Miscellaneous
9. Where did you download the IP.B installation package? From here
10. What did you try to solve the problem?
The problem is that blueangelhost is no more accepting forum attachments so i decided to move to a vps but unfortunately they already removed my attachments so the only option i have was to install new 4.2.2 forum and use the old database, when i installed it i found the users and boards without any problems but when i click on any user/ any board i get 404 not found so im wondering why? I have the full database and im using new clean IPS forum.
I also tried to upload some things only like taking forums_forums, forums_posts, forums_topics and members table from the old sql and add it to the new one but the boards didn't appear also its name in the admincp is incorrect and the groups too, but the users are there and i can check them without getting 404 not found error
11. What username and password can we use to see the problem.
Customization:
12. Do you have any hooks/mods installed? No its a clean IPS now
13. Are you using a custom or default skin? Default

#2 Robinson

Robinson

Community Team

• Community Team Leadership
  • 572 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

Did you update everything correctly? 404 is normally an issue with a bad or incorrect installation move, among other things. PM me your forum.

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

Posted Image

#3 Peacemaker

Peacemaker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

If the error happened when you moved to another host there is a high chance that it can be DNS related to the new host (basically, pointing to other DNS than it should).
Also if you're using cloudflare make sure to have the DNS updated there as well!

#4 Youssef.

Youssef.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

I wasn't updating, my database is for 4.2.2 so i used 4.2.2 then i was going to update but even 4.2.2 is not working fine, it gives me 404 on anything except index.php page
Link sent in private

Edited by Youssef., 23 July 2020 - 07:39 PM.

#5 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:08 AM

@Youssef
404 - Not Found means that such a web page, article, image, whatever was not found.
You probably connected old and new MySql databases, but in fact you used on old system a file system to store forum data (not MySql). So you have all the files lost but the links are available at the same time. Now when you try to open something, the files that match the link simply do not exist and cannot be found.
I think this is because this is the default setting in IPS, and if you want to use MySql, you'll need to change the settings yourself.
Another reason could be that your old server is blacklisted everywhere and is blocked automatically by all web browsers. Therefore, your backup may be incomplete or damaged.
NB! But that is just my opinion, which may not be correct, and I have no way of controlling it.

Tip: Go to your database and check what there is available and what's not. Maybe it's much simpler than I thought. But only you can control it yourself. Maybe everything is there, but only in wrong place. It's possible if You made some mistake if connected databases.

Edited by neptunus, 24 July 2020 - 03:23 AM.

#6 Youssef.

Youssef.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:05 AM

@neptunus
I see the database and it contains the boards names and everything i really dont know why its showing 404 and about the website no its not blacklisted and i still have access to the shared webhost but for database only my forum files are removed
I see all members and topics and forums in the database wondering why its not working, note that when i tried to import members,posts,topics,boards in a new clear ips i found all the users but unfortunately the roles are named something different like core_191 or something like that and boards too they are invisible from homepage but appears in boards section in acp with another name like roles problems
Roles are user groups btw

#7 Robinson

Robinson

Community Team

• Community Team Leadership
  • 572 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

Did you update your conf_global etc etc?

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

Posted Image

#8 Youssef.

Youssef.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:05 AM

Yes, i needed to edit it so i can set the new database information

#9 Youssef.

Youssef.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:21 AM

I have a question,it may help me in fixing the problem.
Which is better? Uploading new IPS files on the old missing files or uploading old IPS files without overriding the similar files?

#10 Tutifruti54

Tutifruti54

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:46 PM

Have you check CHMOD ?And maybe , the better solution is to uploading old IPS files without overriding the similar files :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users