•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

How to remove update notifications in front end

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 escape2k

escape2k

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:13 AM

In my opinion ips has gone to far with those annoying update notifications.
while already very annoying in the admin panel, i thought its really to much to also display this crap in the front end.
so here is how you can remove the notification box in the front end.

Open "themes/theme_name/html/core/front/global/updatewarning.phtml" and find:
(Maybe looks somewhat different depending on which theme you got)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

{{$style = $notification->style();}}
<div class="ipsAreaBackground_light ipsPad ipsPhotoPanel ipsPhotoPanel_small ipsPhotoPanel_notPhone cAcpNotificationBanner cAcpNotificationBanner_{$style} ipsClearf">
<div class="ipsPos_right">
<span class="ipsType_small">{lang="acp_notification_frontend_explain"}</span>
{{$dismissible = $notification->dismissible();}}
{{if $dismissible !== $notification::DISMISSIBLE_NO}}
&nbsp;
<a href="{url="app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=dismissAcpNotification&id={$notification->id}" csrf="true"}" class="cAcpNotificationBanner_close" title="{lang="acp_notification_dismiss_{$dismissible}"}" data-ipsTooltip data-action="dismiss">
<i class="fa fa-times"></i>
</a>
{{endif}}
</div>
<i class='fa fa-{{if $style == $notification::STYLE_INFORMATION OR $style == $notification::STYLE_EXPIRE}}info-circle{{else}}warning{{endif}} cAcpNotificationBanner_mainIcon ipsPos_left ipsResponsive_hidePhone'></i>
<div>
<h2 class='ipsType_sectionHead'><strong>{$notification->title()|raw}</strong></h2>
<div class='ipsType_richText ipsType_normal'>{$notification->body()|raw}</div>

Replace with:
-------------

<!--		{{$style = $notification->style();}}
		<div class="ipsAreaBackground_light ipsPad ipsPhotoPanel ipsPhotoPanel_small ipsPhotoPanel_notPhone cAcpNotificationBanner cAcpNotificationBanner_{$style} ipsClearf">
			<div class="ipsPos_right">
				<span class="ipsType_small">{lang="acp_notification_frontend_explain"}</span>
				{{$dismissible = $notification->dismissible();}}
				{{if $dismissible !== $notification::DISMISSIBLE_NO}}
					&nbsp;
					<a href="{url="app=core&module=system&controller=ajax&do=dismissAcpNotification&id={$notification->id}" csrf="true"}" class="cAcpNotificationBanner_close" title="{lang="acp_notification_dismiss_{$dismissible}"}" data-ipsTooltip data-action="dismiss">
						<i class="fa fa-times"></i>
					</a>
				{{endif}}
			</div>
			<i class='fa fa-{{if $style == $notification::STYLE_INFORMATION OR $style == $notification::STYLE_EXPIRE}}info-circle{{else}}warning{{endif}} cAcpNotificationBanner_mainIcon ipsPos_left ipsResponsive_hidePhone'></i>
			<div>
				<h2 class='ipsType_sectionHead'><strong>{$notification->title()|raw}</strong></h2>  --> <div><div>
				<div class='ipsType_richText ipsType_normal'><!--{$notification->body()|raw}--></div>

Note the notifications still get displayed in the acp.
So you wont forget to update but its not to bothering.

Edited by escape2k, 23 May 2020 - 04:21 AM.

#2 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:49 AM

It is much easier to use custom css and, among other things, it does not need to be modified or reinstalled after each new version of IPS is released, but using this, it's is needed every time rewrite to new version.
And also for acp You can add couple lines in css and everything is done.

#3 Robinson

Robinson

Community Team

• Community Team Leadership
  • 626 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:30 PM

There is also an option in 4.4.9.2 in the adminCP that simply lets you toggle it off and on.

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

Posted Image

#4 lassal

lassal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 06:36 AM

View PostRobinson, on 23 May 2020 - 05:30 PM, said:

There is also an option in 4.4.9.2 in the adminCP that simply lets you toggle it off and on.

hello good night, could you say where is this option? please.

I know that if I go to the bell and then notifications and settings, there are some options but they are enabled but you can't do anything.

please if there is any way what I have to do? thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users