•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Free Hosting Vrs Paid Hosting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sabastan

sabastan

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:42 AM

I was just wondering about the difference in the free and paid hosting services. Like InfinityFree, hostinger, and 000webhost. I was running the IPB on webhost for about three days and this morning I was locked out saying i was abusing my MYSQL but if i upgrade all is forgiven. Any one heard of this?
Falling Dayz Returns To Madness

#2 k1dutz

k1dutz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:46 PM

I do not recommend 000webhost.I had 3 sites and all of them have run ips and they have been closed. What I recommend is to use a freenom and a free webhost. There are some companies that offer this without closing the site for banal reasons. for example, in Romania there is a host company that offers free webhost permanently with ssl, 2gb space, traffic, databases, emails, ftp, unlimited subdomains and etc for nothing. The webhost offer + domain ml.,. tk.,. cf free . My recommendation is to look for a hosting company in your country that offers webhost and free domains.
You can try hostinger to buy something for 1 euro and make your site.

#3 Asgar

Asgar

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:13 PM

I highly recommend getting a Paid Webhost because all the free ones are not really worthit, i've tried many and it just does not work, however if your just wanting to mess around and are not serious or just want to try out the IPB or any Forum software than ye any free one except for 000Webhost should do it for you.

#4 Digital1999

Digital1999

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:49 PM

We are running all sites on a private dedicated server. I know... it's not free but the quality of the service is 1000+ times better than a free plan

#5 b0jvr01

b0jvr01

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:03 AM

On the one hand, I recommend free hosting only for those who want to learn simple things, e.g. creating a simple html page. On the other hand, I don't recommend putting any ipb or mybb engine on free hosting.

#6 BrunoJuliano

BrunoJuliano

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 07:45 PM

If you use free hosting, it is very likely that you will suffer from falls or slowness on your website / forum. There are several companies that offer very affordable plans, I think it is indispensable for a good general operation.

#7 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

General rule of thumb: don't use free or shared hosts. Invest in a good VPS (preferably from a host with a good reputation such as OVH) and set it up yourself.

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#8 Masterxalpha

Masterxalpha

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, I agree, paid hosting for the win.

#9 ivdm

ivdm

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:21 PM

Stay away from free hosting for your main site. Most off them go down or have some problems.
They are good for testing things out like script or new things for your site.

#10 ProcesoRi

ProcesoRi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:09 PM

I've used free hosting for a long time, switched to paid hosting and can't go back, such a better experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users