•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

- - - - -

Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4 ERROR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 flotz

flotz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:39 PM

Describing the problem:
  • 1. What problem are you having? I wanted to upgrade my forum from 4.2 to 4.4 ( tried 2 versions of 4.4 and same problem ).
  • 2. What were you doing when the problem occurred? Last step of upgrading it and error came.
  • 3. Picture/Video of the problem: (an error code should be pasted here, please use "code" bbcode) I don't have a photo anymore, i will paste the error.
    Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
    /home/****public_html/forum/applications/core/setup/upg_103000/upgrade.php::349
    ALTER TABLE core_members DROP COLUMN ipsconnect_id, DROP COLUMN ipsconnect_revalidate_url, CHANGE members_pass_hash members_pass_hash VARCHAR(255) NULL DEFAULT NULL, ADD INDEX last_activity (last_activity), DROP COLUMN fb_uid, DROP COLUMN fb_token, DROP COLUMN live_id, DROP COLUMN live_token, DROP COLUMN twitter_id, DROP COLUMN twitter_token, DROP COLUMN twitter_secret, DROP COLUMN tc_last_sid_import, DROP COLUMN tc_photo, DROP COLUMN tc_bwoptions, DROP COLUMN fb_photo, DROP COLUMN fb_photo_thumb, DROP COLUMN fb_bwoptions, DROP COLUMN google_id, DROP COLUMN google_token, DROP COLUMN linkedin_id, DROP COLUMN linkedin_token

• 4. An error log should be pasted here via screenshot or in code for detailed preview -
Versions:
  • 5. What version of IP.B are you using? 4.2
  • 6. What PHP version are you running? 7.2
Required links:
  • 7. Who is your web hosting provider? -
  • 8. What is your board URL? (you can send it via PM if we ask you for it) -
IP.B Package/Miscellaneous
  • 9. Where did you download the IP.B installation package? (please provide a link) - invision-virus, including last release of 4.4
  • 10. What did you try to solve the problem? I don't know what to try, everytime i needed to upload a backup to repair the damage....upgrading was stuck and couldn't close it.
  • 11. What username and password can we use to see the problem. -
Customization:
  • 12. Do you have any hooks/mods installed? yes, but nothing special, every forum has them.
  • 13. Are you using a custom or default skin? custom
Also, since i tried to upgrade, people from other countries can't enter my forum..
Thank you a lot ! Have a nice day.

Edited by flotz, 11 January 2020 - 09:40 PM.

#2 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

CML

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 byte
That says all, you need a database which accept more key length
In the most cases that means you need to change the host because you are not able to change this setting and the host do not want to change the setting

Posted Image

#3 flotz

flotz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:25 PM

View Post_.:illus!on:._, on 14 January 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 byte
That says all, you need a database which accept more key length
In the most cases that means you need to change the host because you are not able to change this setting and the host do not want to change the setting

Thank you for your answer, i'll see what i can do about this, maybe changing the database collation or the table engine it will help, but sadly i don't know what i can do to fix the big problem after i tried tu upgrade, any visitor from other countries can't access my forum....even the proxy is not working, said that site is down.

Edited by flotz, 14 January 2020 - 07:44 PM.

#4 waha005

waha005

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:02 PM

[color=#660066][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)]Specified[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)] key was too [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000088][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)]long[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#666600][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)];[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)] max key length [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000088][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)]is[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#006666][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)]1000[/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)] byte[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 250)]
[/background][/size][/font][/color]

You should check for latest version of MySQL. Be sure also to check v4.4 requirements of IPB before doing upgrade. With latest version of MySQL it should be solved this issue.
About me:
- I am programmer, i know PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, JQUERY, C++, C#, Perl, Python excellent. Also i'm working with Photoshop for designs, logo, banners etc.

Best regards,
Waha005

#5 flotz

flotz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Hmm, for over 3 days i tried to fix the connection problem.......no one from other country can connect on forum, i shouldn't try to upgrade :angry: :unsure: . Thank you for your answers and for support guys, thanks again for your platform ! If no one know a fix for that problem (i think it's from mysql database), you can close this topic.

Best regards.

Edited by flotz, Yesterday, 08:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users