•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Center Logo on Animated Skin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nolan887

Nolan887

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 35 posts

Donator

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hello everyone, I am trying to learn to code more, and am self taught. However, I am still fairly new. I am working on a new forum for a group of friends and I am using the Animate 4.2 - ipsfocus skin on the fourms. Obviously with this skin it has two top banners moving left and right. I have successfully removed the back banner and up'd the opacity to 1 on the front banner. I am having trouble now with pushing the site logo to the center of the top of the forums, and I am just stuck. I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this before? I figured it would be in the globalTemplate, but still having no success. So figured I would ask my friends here at IV for some help. I appreciate it, thanks!

Pictures to help reference what I am doing:
Posted Image

#2 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

If You have the same, what is on this demo site
https://ipsfocus.net/4x/
then there is default css for logo
.logo-wrap {
-webkit-flex: 0 1 auto;
display: -webkit-flex;
-webkit-justify-content: center;
flex: 0 1 auto;
display: flex;
justify-content: center;
}
if You change like this
.logo-wrap {
width: 100% !Important;
margin: 0 auto;
}
it means if You add to custom css this
.logo-wrap {
}
the logo must go to center.

Maybe there is needed for some minor changes, but it depends already about the logo dimensions and other changes what have been done before.

Edited by neptunus, 16 October 2019 - 12:04 AM.

#3 Nolan887

Nolan887

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 35 posts

Donator

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:58 AM

View Postneptunus, on 16 October 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

If You have the same, what is on this demo site
https://ipsfocus.net/4x/
then there is default css for logo
.logo-wrap {
}
if You change like this
.logo-wrap {
}
it means if You add to custom css this
.logo-wrap {
}
the logo must go to center.

Maybe there is needed for some minor changes, but it depends already about the logo dimensions and other changes what have been done before.

Neptunus,

Thank you for responding I greatly appreciate it. So the website you sent: https://ipsfocus.net/4x/ is not the same type of skin I was using. The skin I was using is this link:
http://invision-viru...<br /> <br /> The logo code I was able to find in the default css: which is this:
Posted Image

and it seems to have all the stuff you were able to state as well. I tried the changes, and nothing seemed to happen sadly. Even when I try and get rid of the animated banner, it still won't show directly center. Any thoughts?

#4 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:52 AM

Is it somewhere in use where I can see it then I'll write You how to correct/change css. I don't have this theme and also dont have any place to upload it, I use IPS 4.4.7 and there this old theme version will not work.
Give me url.

#5 Robinson

Robinson

Community Team

• Community Team Leadership
  • 364 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:48 PM

If the regular css is not working, check to see if the Theme has it's own Custom.css

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

Posted Image

#6 Nolan887

Nolan887

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 35 posts

Donator

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

View Postneptunus, on 16 October 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

Is it somewhere in use where I can see it then I'll write You how to correct/change css. I don't have this theme and also dont have any place to upload it, I use IPS 4.4.7 and there this old theme version will not work.
Give me url.

View PostRobinson, on 16 October 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

If the regular css is not working, check to see if the Theme has it's own Custom.css

Hey guys, thanks for helping with this! I actually just figured it out this morning after messing around with it for a few hours! it is actually easier to go into the globalTemplate, disable the animated banner, and just put a header in there. Worked like a charm, and got an image in the center of the forums! Thanks for all the help I greatly appreciate it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users