•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Security on IPB

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zaxescsgo

zaxescsgo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Hello guys! I am going to be making an IPB website and was wondering if I should do anything other than ddos protection to prevent my site from being hacked. Anything and everything is appreciated, thanks - zax

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 670 posts

Donator

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

View Postzaxescsgo, on 18 September 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

Hello guys! I am going to be making an IPB website and was wondering if I should do anything other than ddos protection to prevent my site from being hacked. Anything and everything is appreciated, thanks - zax

It's more than just ddos protection. Make sure your staff team is very trusted, use 2FA for all staff members and make it optional for your members too. Don't use sketchy plugins that provide backdoors into your forums backend. Make sure you know what you're doin at all times and if you don't, then leave it.

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 waha005

waha005

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

The ddos attacks are not and never will be threated like hacking. They are sending too much packets to the server and for that reason server is down. Nothing more.

The hacking means, to get secret informations or access ex (web server, admin panel on cms etc etc).

And for protection:

- Be careful who you trust, use strong password combination from at least one uppercase, one symbol  and number.
- Do not use the same password(s) from other websites.
- Always update your cms/forum to the latest version.
- Be careful what you're installing on forum/cms as some packages may be corrupted (it may contains vulnerabilities)

:)
About me:
- I am programmer, i know PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, JQUERY, C++, C#, Perl, Python excellent. Also i'm working with Photoshop for designs, logo, banners etc.

Best regards,
Waha005

#4 zaxescsgo

zaxescsgo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

View Postwaha005, on 20 September 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

The ddos attacks are not and never will be threated like hacking. They are sending too much packets to the server and for that reason server is down. Nothing more.

The hacking means, to get secret informations or access ex (web server, admin panel on cms etc etc).

And for protection:

- Be careful who you trust, use strong password combination from at least one uppercase, one symbol  and number.
- Do not use the same password(s) from other websites.
- Always update your cms/forum to the latest version.
- Be careful what you're installing on forum/cms as some packages may be corrupted (it may contains vulnerabilities)

:)

Ok but how do i protect against sql injection?

#5 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 670 posts

Donator

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postzaxescsgo, on 25 September 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

Ok but how do i protect against sql injection?

If you don't know how it works then there is little you can do to protect your site from it. IPS alone is already very secure against SQL injection, however, if you add 3rd party plugins and themes you don't necessarily have that same security anymore.

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#6 AdrianN1

AdrianN1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:26 AM

i think this can help you but im not sure http://invision-viru...te-url-actions/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users