•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

* * * * * 1 votes

Webmin vs Cpanel

webmin cpanel

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zedcode

zedcode

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:02 AM

I found a web panel, but not the site that is better some people tell me the cpanel is good but other people tell me that webmin is better! now I do not know which one to choose, what is the difference between the two?

#2 Killer_007

Killer_007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:29 AM

I honestly prefer Cpanel because it's more easier to navigate anyway. But honestly it just depends on the type of work you are doing. Most people who are new to making a website should start out with Cpanel and learn the basics before moving into web panel.

#3 Indisus

Indisus

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:06 AM

Im stuck in my ways with CPanel, i went through a period of trying out other options and always ended up returning there. Its the old, if it aint broke dont fix it ....

But in all honesty for my needs, if theres a decent UI for handling SQL databases and an installer for programmes e.g. Softaculous .. Im sold!

#4 cmer

cmer

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Donator

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:46 PM

I used cpanel for 4 years, I work now under plesk, it is cheaper and I turn it much lighter.

#5 Nolan887

Nolan887

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 35 posts

Donator

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:09 AM

As Indisus said, I am in my old ways with Cpanel. I feel like it is easier to use, and user friendly. But then again that's all I have been doing, and I am not a huge guy on change haha.

#6 vecas

vecas

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLocalHost

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:57 AM

as admin for many servers using webmin , cpanel , plesk , etc

i prefer if you have knowledge with linux commands to use free ispconfig

if you want to use paid one use cpanel / plesk

But if you are hosting one website on your vps or server , use it from command line will be better

#7 buyacc

buyacc

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

my personal opinion because the best cpanel but if you want any free panel I recommend you CP ve is almost at the height of cpanel in configuration and in simplicity it has everything except a webftp but if you pay 5 dollars you can have it and it also has softaculos support if you need it in addition to occupy as ssl lets encript

#8 diomet

diomet

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

I also prefer and vote for ISPConfig for self hosting. I used to work in hosting at the begining of 2000, and ff course, CPanel is the best option but pricy. The very best next thing is ISPConfig. I am using it for about 15 years now. The latest version 3 covers pretty well everything I need.

It has a software center and let's encrypt. The main advantage is that you can customize however you like. Cheers!
The quieter you become, the more you can hear...

#9 amm007

amm007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

I use Webmin for admining my servers, not for webhosting, that would be Virtualmin. Cpanel, it's got a lot things it can do, but it's pricey. These days I use VestaCP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users