programming programming languages coding

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dysfunction

Dysfunction

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:20 PM

Hello guys, For a long time i wanted to learn how to code, i went by codecademy and several other websites.
for some reason i never figured out the hang of it, or shall i say grasped the subject.

If any of you would like to share different ideas about it, and if a change of mindset or a trick to that i would like to hear.

whether its python, java, c++, c#. I would like to know a better way to grasp the subject thoroughly.

#2 SomeoneSpecial

SomeoneSpecial

Coffe S2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:39 AM

Youtube videos man, that's how I started, reading topics in stack overflow, etc...

#3 Gang

Gang

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:34 AM

Well, there is various website where you can learn how to code.
First I suggest you to learn the base of Algorithm, after focus on a language and follow course on website (OpenClassroom, CodeAcademy etc), you should start with C#, Python or Java.

#4 Dysfunction

Dysfunction

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostSomeoneSpecial, on 09 August 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

Youtube videos man, that's how I started, reading topics in stack overflow, etc...

yeah i know youtube is for the base of every language and stackoverflow is for solving problems.
but i mean a guide to how to manage with the essentials and what to do with it.

#5 Mozilla

Mozilla

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

Personally I have learned to ropes by reading through some on websites. In my case quite a lot on W3Schools. Allthough that was mainly for PHP. That way you learn certain essentials, it's basically the online equivalent of buying a book. The plus-side of online is you can see it working right away. Which makes it more easier to understand.

Later on I started following YouTube video's and reproducing their codes. Eventually I started making random stuff from scratch. Think of basic calculators but eventually a CMS.

Like you realise yourself, StackOverflow is not for teaching, but for getting help with your problems. Allthough you can learn a lot of reading through other peoples problems.

#6 DNS-Peter

DNS-Peter

i_love-capitalism

• Community Friend
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:34 AM

i prefer to Java. Java has a great syntax for beginner. Object-oriented programming is much easier to learn and understand in java.
Search and watch in youtube: thenewboston java or buy a course on udemy.com. // udemy often has offers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users