•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

* * * * * 1 votes

discord or teamspeak?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 obscured

obscured

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

what do you guys prefer for going in a call/channel what do you guys like more discord or teamspeak for calling stuff?

#2 Spaa

Spaa

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

I prefer Discord over Teamspeak now specially because its free to use and easy to manage servers. But Teamspeak has way better permission system in my opinion. We were using Teamspeak for one of the game servers but eventually moved onto Discord when its released.

#3 Robinson

Robinson

Community Team

• Community Team Leadership
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIV Strip Club

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Both are entirely different, TeamSpeak is also free, but you are limited to 32 slots.

Do not PM me or any Staff member with support related questions

| Community Rules | News | License FAQ | License Reset | Join Discord | Donator Info |

Posted Image

#4 mylookhin

mylookhin

• Donator
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:35 AM

Team Speak.

#5 LeonKong

LeonKong

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:55 AM

Damn Discord ofcourse, it i was better, user friendly and it is free.

#6 Kevin Speirs

Kevin Speirs

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:19 PM

I use teamspeak for voice, a lot of my friends, including myself, have had issues in the past with discord changing volumes and input sensitivity, although discord is better to use with text obviously, I just like teamspeak for voice more.

#7 Officer_Storm

Officer_Storm

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

I say Discord cause it free but it does have some issues at times with voice chat otherwise works great for what I need!

#8 jdtown

jdtown

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:08 AM

Discord , teamspeak is outdated and not the most efficient use of communication when it comes to discords screen sharing , file sharing etc. I used to use teamspeak quiet often but when discord came out it was the first thing I swapped to.

#9 patrick8996

patrick8996

• Donator
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOregon

Donator

Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:40 PM

I have and always will be a TeamSpeak fan boy. I have been using TeamSpeak since my gaming community started back in the Arma 2 days and I will always prefer it. I admit I have had to come accustom to Discord because everybody uses it but with TeamSpeak I can host the server on my own dedicated server and control it a lot easier. That way I know I wont be affected by a outage or Discord server issue.

#10 1c3c0ld

1c3c0ld

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:29 AM

Discord, because it has far more better features than teamspeak. In addition it has better UI, and a better user experience.

#11 animelife

animelife

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:23 PM

I use both tbh but I like Teamspeak more bc it has more perms then discord its a little harder but more perms
ANIME

#12 Jerry_West

Jerry_West

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

Teamspeak is better then discord. More easier to create channels, groups and permissions... In my opinio teamspeak has more options.

#13 srdead

srdead

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:02 AM

I used to use Teamspeak, but now having Discord my whole team changed to Discord, it has more features than Teamspeak and the audio quality is better too.

#14 Baburel

Baburel

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

I choose the Discord because it does not fall as fast as a Teamspeak server and you are not limited by any number of slots

#15 ch4z

ch4z

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Discord has a friendlier interface, the presence of Bots and Nitro, which doesn't serve much, but it's cool to use gifs

#16 Johnyx

Johnyx

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

I've used TeamSpeak a lot in the past, so I can clearly say that nowadays Discord is infinitely superior to TeamSpeak.

To use TS you depend on someone else's server or you must hire a host to use it. Already the discord, you just log in and can use for free with your friends.

#17 SolaceRevival

SolaceRevival

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

In 2019, this shouldn't even be a debate... Discord has changed the way group servers and voice chats operate. Completely free to create new servers, customization, rankings, bots, etc.

#18 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

CML

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:21 AM

View PostSolaceRevival, on 19 August 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

In 2019, this shouldn't even be a debate... Discord has changed the way group servers and voice chats operate. Completely free to create new servers, customization, rankings, bots, etc.

Right it shouldn't be a debate because discord is the crappiest crap in whole world.
A good looking and some bots who are in general not really needed are not all
Also Teamspeak is free, if you pay for it you are simple too lazy to deal with things.

Posted Image

#19 liar

liar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:57 PM

discord is a lot better in my opinion, because everyone can create a server

#20 Killer_007

Killer_007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:30 PM

Honestly I think both platforms are great. It really depends on you needs. Discord is great for showing off memes or videos and such, but TS has the best voice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users