•  

Important Notification

Members,
For your security and privacy please read this IV News Article to protect your community and your self from IPS. This is urgent and should be taken seriously.
Thank you,
IV Management

- - - - -

Hello from Sunny Florida

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seven45

Seven45

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 06:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I discovered this community while researching forums software as I am interested in putting together a discussion board that deals with Real Estate outside of the US. I have zero experience managing IPS but I know it's one of the more popular boards out there. Although I have been more involved with mobile development as of late (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Flutter), I still keep up with development in PHP and MySQL which, I believe, are the soul of Invision.  With over 15 years of programming experience, I don't anticipate too many issues that I wouldn't be able to handle. However, I don't intend to try to reinvent the wheel. So, don't be surprised if you see me asking questions to more experienced members if I ever need something. Of course, I will make sure I do my research first as I know there is nothing more annoying than members who refuse to use the search function.

#2 cold

cold

IVN COO | Management Team

• Community Management
  • 333 posts

Donator

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

View PostSeven45, on 09 May 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

I discovered this community while researching forums software as I am interested in putting together a discussion board that deals with Real Estate outside of the US. I have zero experience managing IPS but I know it's one of the more popular boards out there. Although I have been more involved with mobile development as of late (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Flutter), I still keep up with development in PHP and MySQL which, I believe, are the soul of Invision.  With over 15 years of programming experience, I don't anticipate too many issues that I wouldn't be able to handle. However, I don't intend to try to reinvent the wheel. So, don't be surprised if you see me asking questions to more experienced members if I ever need something. Of course, I will make sure I do my research first as I know there is nothing more annoying than members who refuse to use the search function.

Hi Seven45, welcome to IV!

Please don't hesitate to any questions, our team will gladly help you :)

Also, we have a Discord server where we post the latest in terms of news, updates and announcements - you can join using the link in my signature below ;)

#3 Seven45

Seven45

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:48 PM

It took me a while to get back to the site as my supervisor has dropped a new project on me with a very tight deadline. It's time I figure out a way to get rich instead of just working to pay the bills while I make other people rich. At any rate, thanks for the invite. I just joined the discord channel. I am going to set up a virtual machine. Install Apache, MySQL, PHP and invision forums to play with it. Hmmm... this makes me wonder if there are vmware images floating around with those options...that would definitely save me some time...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users