•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

URGENT: Remove nulled branding from downloads

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 HiddenMemory

HiddenMemory

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:15 AM

I just got banned from Invision's cloud service because their tech support noticed "Invision Virus" in one of the themes or applications (they wouldn't tell me.)

Could we please not have any sort of identifiers that give our nulled stuff away?

#2 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

CML

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

We remove nothing.
It should be clear to not use illegal software on the cloud service from ips, no matter if it has a branding or not.
Since you need to buy near all on the IPS marketplace they can find out if it is really yours or not.

Posted Image

#3 jameskavan

jameskavan
  • -5 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

View Post_.:illus!on:._, on 23 April 2019 - 05:32 AM, said:

We remove nothing.
It should be clear to not use illegal software on the cloud service from ips, no matter if it has a branding or not.
Since you need to buy near all on the IPS marketplace they can find out if it is really yours or not.

You don't need to slap your branding on pretty much everything It's kinda a dick move

#4 KahunaElGrande

KahunaElGrande

Community Team Management

• Community Management
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

View Postjameskavan, on 08 May 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

You don't need to slap your branding on pretty much everything It's kinda a dick move

We don't slap our branding on anything. The only place you'll ever see any kind of reference to us is in the ACP. Know your facts before hand ;)

#5 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

CML

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:58 AM

View Postjameskavan, on 08 May 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

congrats you have now -5 posts because i don't like people who are talking about something they have no clue about

Posted Image

#6 HIGGINS

HIGGINS

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:39 PM

And also it does not make too much sense to have legal IPS licenses and use some nulled themes or mods with it.

Edited by HIGGINS, 10 June 2019 - 05:47 PM.

#7 _.:Mercenary:._

_.:Mercenary:._

Invision-Virus Nerd

• Retired Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Donator

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

View PostHIGGINS, on 10 June 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

And also it does not make too much sense to have legal IPS licenses and use some nulled themes or mods with it.

lmao this right here made me laugh for probably 5 minutes xD

At the end of the day as stated above the only thing that is branded is your ACP.

Anyway I am going to go ahead and lock this as I think it is common sense not to host a nulled version of IPB on their own servers xD #Locked
Kind regards,
_.:Mercenary:._

-------Enjoy my content? Donate to me below! <3 -------
BTC: 32rhDTMBHE3HyK8WcmSMukjG8naQB3u9sB
ETH: 0x4fF69a50E2a319Be43Dfd2D829832d6a6D86cf83

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users