•  

Important Notification

Members,
For your security and privacy please read this IV News Article to protect your community and your self from IPS. This is urgent and should be taken seriously.
Thank you,
IV Management

- - - - -

Access user information on the fly from software outside of IPB

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tater Pie

Tater Pie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

So my forums are at /home/user/public_html/forums/ and my toplist site is at /home/user/public_html/rsps/

I have recently switched from SMF 2.0 to IPB 4.x and my toplist functioned off SSI from smf like so

$user_info['real_name'];
$user_info['is_admin'];
etc

This method was AMAZING, and seemless
I need to be able to do that in IPB, its simply not an option for me to build the application within ipb for reasons i wont specify

I've tried using Kohana and it seems to be outdated or just doesnt work...

i try using

$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); 
(or something like that) and it throws "Class IPS\Member not found" or some nonsense so obviously i can't access that from outside of a running IPB instance..

Anyone know an alternative to SSI from SMF2.0 in IPB 4.x?

I have asked in the discord and keep getting pointed towards like docs of already existing API that works only for IPB instances... this is not what i need... I NEEED to be able to grab info of the currently logged in user WITHOUT logging the user in or authenticating with a username

EDIT: I ended up remaking my seperate site as a page within my forums... giving me access to the information i needed, but at the same time took out the need for accessing the information.

Edited by Tater Pie, 03 April 2019 - 08:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users