Access user information on the fly from software outside of IPB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tater Pie

Tater Pie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

So my forums are at /home/user/public_html/forums/ and my toplist site is at /home/user/public_html/rsps/

I have recently switched from SMF 2.0 to IPB 4.x and my toplist functioned off SSI from smf like so

$user_info['real_name'];
$user_info['is_admin'];
etc

This method was AMAZING, and seemless
I need to be able to do that in IPB, its simply not an option for me to build the application within ipb for reasons i wont specify

I've tried using Kohana and it seems to be outdated or just doesnt work...

i try using

$member = \IPS\Member::loggedIn(); 
(or something like that) and it throws "Class IPS\Member not found" or some nonsense so obviously i can't access that from outside of a running IPB instance..

Anyone know an alternative to SSI from SMF2.0 in IPB 4.x?

I have asked in the discord and keep getting pointed towards like docs of already existing API that works only for IPB instances... this is not what i need... I NEEED to be able to grab info of the currently logged in user WITHOUT logging the user in or authenticating with a username

EDIT: I ended up remaking my seperate site as a page within my forums... giving me access to the information i needed, but at the same time took out the need for accessing the information.

Edited by Tater Pie, 03 April 2019 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Tater Pie

Tater Pie

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:34 AM

I ended up fixing this by using the built in pages api to build the entire system rather than trying to communicate with the IPB software from another script

It took a lot of time and trial and error but I finally managed to set up exactly what I wanted integrated directly into the forums and it worked better than my site with more features so all in all I should have just done that to begin with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users