•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

IPb or xenforo ?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 pollo

pollo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

hello to all according to you is better xenforo or IPB?

I have tried both and xenphorus has several limitations. From the forum rules, in 1 week I had to fix 4 php files to work well, and it does not seem normal for the cost of $ 160.

IPB is great, install and work and everything always works best. What do you think about it ?

#2 cold2

cold2

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

Honestly, I prefer IPB over any other forum software, MyBB, FluxBB, and xenforo. IPB is superior to all of them. Not just the look. But the admin CP & Mod CP is just so much nicer and cleaner to handle. And it's so easy to configure, I litterly see no point using anything else than IPB when you have access to IPB. It's like saying bread with butter or no butter (Ok that sounded better in my head). But yeah you get the point. Might have something to with me having more experience with IPB than everything else. I hope you found this somewhat useful.

#3 deuce

deuce

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

I also prefer IPB over Xenforo. Like @RouterRage already stated above, the UI is way more cleaner and easier to use. Also I think, there are way more plug ins out there for IPB/IPS.

#4 m4dm4x

m4dm4x

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

Xenforo has a very nice skin and easy to use, but if you need to administrate, ipb is much more easy and clean.

#5 JonathanSirens

JonathanSirens

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:58 AM

I have used ipboard for 6 years and it is by far my favorite forum software.

#6 KapitanAmeryka

KapitanAmeryka

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

Ipb is better in my opinion. you can get more themes and addons for this engine.

#7 thanhtua4

thanhtua4

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

I do not know which one is better, although I have just learned them but I chose Ipb because the interface is pretty good, especially I like the interface admincp.

#8 TrynCatchMe

TrynCatchMe

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

I am currently using Xenforo on my forum and it seems to have a lot of issues a lot of times, Don't get me wrong the forum software is NOT bad but it does seem to have a LOT of limitations as you try to get into it more throughout over time.

#9 Magik375

Magik375

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:51 AM

In my opinion, IPB/IPS is better than XenForo. TrynCatchMe told the truth about this software.

#10 KID_SAITO

KID_SAITO

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

IPS is the best, I used from IBF 1.x to now is IPS 4.4 :D
I think this is the best of forum source

#11 anacondahvh

anacondahvh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:17 AM

Ipb is much better than xenforo. You can run it better and control it easier -> by acp

#12 zViniBr_

zViniBr_

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 09:58 PM

xenForo is very good indeed, the quality it offers is really great, you can compare to the Invision Power Board until. However, I prefer the Invision Power Board because it is so much easier to wiggle, but after you know how to wiggle the xenForo, the doors will open for you.

#13 chrisg9

chrisg9

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

ipb i think is better  and has a lot of plugins,themes etc

#14 sean82206

sean82206

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

I like IPB better because the UI is much cleaner, easier to administrate, and there's a LOT more addons and themes made for  IPB than XF.

#15 Gianito69

Gianito69

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:18 AM

I think the IPB is better than Xenforo, it includes much more features and it has a better design.

#16 tdarom

tdarom

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

i think ipb is beter desing, fetures, multi lang view..
esey admin, and more and more..
and the ipb community is larger, that meen more addons and applications..

#17 JustSafety

JustSafety

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

I would say IPB, worked for years with it and never had a problem. IPB also has lots of plugins and applications which can be very usefull. Xenforo has less.

#18 amarenkaa

amarenkaa

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:43 PM

I think is IPB is better, have more plugins,themes and is easy to use.

#19 HIGGINS

HIGGINS

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:54 PM

I was using vBulletin 4 in the past and I also tried vB5. vB4 being non-responsive is a deal breaker immediately. And using vB5 on the forum side is a crap experience in my opinion. Though, I like the admin interface.

If I only look at the forum side of thing, I think xenforo wins. Probably, xF has the most user friendly design. However, IPS is better for customization and it is nicer to work with as an admin.

#20 ch4z

ch4z

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

I migrated to IPB shortly, but I notice a cleaner, user-friendly interface, everything works better and has more plugin and customization options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users