•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

What media server software is popular ??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meobeo u

meobeo u

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

Fellow members,

as the post title says what seems to be the most popular media server software, Im sure there could be a list with several answers but for me my choice would have to be Plex, I have been using plex for about 5 months now and its just plainly amazing, It virtually works and looks very similar to Netflix with how it categorizes movies by certain criteria, O dont let me forget to mention that you can install the plex app on phones / ps4 - ps3 / xbox 1 - xbox and many other things as well and take your movies anywhere you go. Plex even allows you to put your media server online for you to connect on the go, as I said I have been 100% satisfied with the software. Now you have heard my take on the most popular media server software to me how bout you throw your 2 cents in and drop me a few line giving your opinion

Talk again soon

Lee!

#2 cerberus0815

cerberus0815

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

I don't even use Plex, but i want to try it in the next months...!

I use at the moment Serviio - you can access mobile if you have routed your server @ inet..!
You can stream all over UPNP in the home-network! (PS4 - TV or so)

Works very nice, i have for Android the App from Serviio and its pretty nice for Mobile ;)

You can also access from internet via URL and stream on Browser.

Best regards,
cerberus

#3 GordonR

GordonR

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:12 AM

Hello all,

Iv'e been using plex for a long time now playing media around the house running on Nvidia Shield TV and Plex app on LG Tvs.
Downstairs I have just updated to the Apple TV 4K plex is amaxing on this but lacks audio playback, so transcodes alot of the audio formats

So I purchased Infuse 5 Pro on the APT 4K using my plex account it plays all my 4K content without any issuse, just amazing if you want something that is very special.

Regards
Gordon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users