•  

Important Notification

Members,
For your security and privacy please read this IV News Article to protect your community and your self from IPS. This is urgent and should be taken seriously.
Thank you,
IV Management

- - - - -

why java language is not as popular as other languages?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CookieJarguy

CookieJarguy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

I'm trying to learn myself, as salaries are pretty good, but why people try to avoid java, is it complex, is it unstable? whats wrong with it? hard?

#2 S!r.ReaDy

S!r.ReaDy

Community Team

• Community Team
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSun

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

I cant agree with you.Java is the most used one, due to its big advantages. Its easier than c++, no pointers :D

Java is platform-independent, or u can call it portable. You don't need compile files for x64 or x32, it uses an interpreter that runs on any device. There are a lot of technologies that make Java powerful. I myself prefer java rather than C++

#3 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

IV Network CED

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

the problem is not Java, the problem are people who are not able to code properly with java but that is a problem on all coding languages

Posted Image

#4 FurmigaHumana

FurmigaHumana

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:05 AM

Its just a stereotype/humor/joke thing, java is one of the most used languages, widely used on android phones and several other aplications, compared to C/#/++ also much easier to use, plus portable. I've been working with software development for almost a decade and java is the language I have used the most.

#5 Amza

Amza

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

In high school I learned the basics of java, it does not seem bad, but I observed that even my professors and also other people who work in this area, programming, prefer c ++ or c sharp.

#6 Kajsky

Kajsky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:13 PM

Java is very popular in commercial use. I personally hate java, but research java job offers and see yourself, that java is still popular.

#7 ghostnorth

ghostnorth

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:30 AM

Java just is not as attractive as the modern languages, I personally have no issue with using Java. I think its primarily as the world is drifting towards the web and pretty UIs (both while possible with Java aren't exactly perfect).

I'm loyal to .NET or PHP until I die, but Java isn't horrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users