•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

why java language is not as popular as other languages?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CookieJarguy

CookieJarguy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

I'm trying to learn myself, as salaries are pretty good, but why people try to avoid java, is it complex, is it unstable? whats wrong with it? hard?

#2 S!r.ReaDy

S!r.ReaDy

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSun

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

I cant agree with you.Java is the most used one, due to its big advantages. Its easier than c++, no pointers :D

Java is platform-independent, or u can call it portable. You don't need compile files for x64 or x32, it uses an interpreter that runs on any device. There are a lot of technologies that make Java powerful. I myself prefer java rather than C++

#3 _.:illus!on:._

_.:illus!on:._

CML

• Community Management Leadership
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:20 AM

the problem is not Java, the problem are people who are not able to code properly with java but that is a problem on all coding languages

Posted Image

#4 FurmigaHumana

FurmigaHumana

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:05 AM

Its just a stereotype/humor/joke thing, java is one of the most used languages, widely used on android phones and several other aplications, compared to C/#/++ also much easier to use, plus portable. I've been working with software development for almost a decade and java is the language I have used the most.

#5 Amza

Amza

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

In high school I learned the basics of java, it does not seem bad, but I observed that even my professors and also other people who work in this area, programming, prefer c ++ or c sharp.

#6 Kajsky

Kajsky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:13 PM

Java is very popular in commercial use. I personally hate java, but research java job offers and see yourself, that java is still popular.

#7 ghostnorth

ghostnorth

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:30 AM

Java just is not as attractive as the modern languages, I personally have no issue with using Java. I think its primarily as the world is drifting towards the web and pretty UIs (both while possible with Java aren't exactly perfect).

I'm loyal to .NET or PHP until I die, but Java isn't horrible.

#8 AlbertWingDragon

AlbertWingDragon

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

There are many thing programmed with java even modern applications. Just as an example Minecraft, Android, android apps and Blue Ray are all written in java

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users