Apple computer good?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kdr

Kdr

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

Can some one explain me why it is bad or good to use?
Im thinking to buy a apple computer but a hp pro book is good to.
Which one should i choose?

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 390 posts

Donator

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostKdr, on 02 February 2019 - 04:37 AM, said:

Can some one explain me why it is bad or good to use?
Im thinking to buy a apple computer but a hp pro book is good to.
Which one should i choose?

Apple is known for it's premium quality and closed operating system, rarely getting any viruses. However, with Apple being so "closed" about their software, you're very limited to what programs and applications you can use. That's why imho Windows is better. Linux is even better ;)
Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 BenOwns

BenOwns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:42 PM

It really does depend on what you are trying to do with your computer.
There are good and bad sides to both Windows and Apple. I would suggest finding LinusTechTips on youtube and watching some things on there to help guide you.

#4 KDS

KDS

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

View Postcold, on 02 February 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Apple is known for it's premium quality and closed operating system, rarely getting any viruses. However, with Apple being so "closed" about their software, you're very limited to what programs and applications you can use. That's why imho Windows is better. Linux is even better ;)

Perfect way to put it and is why Linux is used as the backbone of the internet and any important applications these days :)

#5 Nopdop

Nopdop

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

Macs costing as much as they are and knowing you can build a stronger PC cheaper, I don't like them. Although, for newbie PC users I think they are good.

#6 Eustauqueo

Eustauqueo

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:52 AM

Depends on your needs. If you are going to do gaming, go for a good windows computer. Else your possibilities will be less with apple.

#7 Cillez

Cillez

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:47 AM

Apple is known for its simplicity. There are perks of being a closed os, such as:
  • Rather rare to get virus
  • Easy to navigate (not necessarily because of closed OS, but because of massive amounts of research/testing to find the easiest way to execute something)
  • Tons of easy shortcuts and most functions make sense.
What i mean by that is that it is rather hard to get virus on a mac. It's easy to navigate and rather smooth experience. There are also perks to getting a windows pc such as for Gaming for example.

Pretty sure if you tell us what you're going to do on your new computer (Gaming, designing, developing) we'd be able to assist you further.

#8 IAmOptimus24

IAmOptimus24

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

Apple computers are mostly used in media environments like marketing, music, video editing, etc. Apple Mac's perform much better in those categories as I think Apple targets them for that reason.
Windows are usually in business environments as they are much easier to manage.

#9 x4forum

x4forum

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

Apple Computers is not good for me. I think they are very expensive. There are much better computers for the same price. The operating system is nice.

#10 anc2005

anc2005

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:55 PM

Apple computer for my opinion is not good for download an file for windows because Apple operete with his own function (IOS) and for me is not good , if you want an computer for hacking or crack dont buy Apple , but if you want buy it ;)
Have a nice day.

#11 ch4z

ch4z

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:03 PM

I have a Hackintosh running, for casual use, it's great, but you'll miss a lot of games and programs I had on Windows
Apple computers have a premium design, but the cost is very high, you can easily build a much better computer running Windows with the price of an iMac.

#12 DNS-Peter

DNS-Peter

i_love-capitalism

• Community Friend
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:25 AM

i work with windows at home and in my company. Windows is for all people they work with big programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users