•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

Question Regarding Avatars

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 sikiro

sikiro

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:34 PM

i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with avatars here is what i am trying to acomplish.

avatars curently can only be uploaded or you can link an avatar so long as it does not come directly from the same domain as were the forum is hosted, but is there a way to remove that limitation? right now if say for example my domain is

myforum.com

and i have a profile photo on a subdomain called.

photos.myforum.com i am unable to link that photo to the profile because it is under the same domain. furthermore i have a system that autogenerates profile photos based on the username of the members but the image it does not have any file extensions adding that to a signature works but trying to add it to the avatar does not.

#2 Mondoc447

Mondoc447

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:47 PM

You can try a little trick, something like put photos.myforum.com on a service like No-Ip and use that to link the photos(regarding the issue the same domain).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users