Honestly, got a weird one.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Kraut but email is ok

Rick Kraut but email is ok

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

getting a bunch of what looks like, really poor attempts at finding hidden pages / transaction pages (we dont have any of that stuff hosted on our site, we outsource that to a different site) from ip's that, when searched bring up a server hosting service(which has apparently been known to host 'hacking' attempts)

honestly, id like to just block ip's that make requests like that (like ban), but given how 'stellar' Invision is, not really sure how to do that, or if it can even be done.

also not sure on how to go about it outside of the forums either (ie actually reporting 'attempts' like that to said company)

as a side note, I have kind of ignored it because I know the worst that could happen is that we 'might' get a database breach (not super sure, have a buddy that's more computer inclined then me when it comes to security like that)

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 370 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

View PostRick Kraut but email is ok, on 29 January 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

getting a bunch of what looks like, really poor attempts at finding hidden pages / transaction pages (we dont have any of that stuff hosted on our site, we outsource that to a different site) from ip's that, when searched bring up a server hosting service(which has apparently been known to host 'hacking' attempts)

honestly, id like to just block ip's that make requests like that (like ban), but given how 'stellar' Invision is, not really sure how to do that, or if it can even be done.

also not sure on how to go about it outside of the forums either (ie actually reporting 'attempts' like that to said company)

as a side note, I have kind of ignored it because I know the worst that could happen is that we 'might' get a database breach (not super sure, have a buddy that's more computer inclined then me when it comes to security like that)

Check if it's a bot by looking at the HTTP header ;) 98% of the time it's gonna be a web crawler.
Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 Rick Kraut but email is ok

Rick Kraut but email is ok

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:59 AM

View Postcold, on 30 January 2019 - 01:33 AM, said:

Check if it's a bot by looking at the HTTP header ;) 98% of the time it's gonna be a web crawler.
I'm pretty sure its a bot too, but I didn't have any idea on how to confirm.
Now I do, Just not sure on how to do it.

#4 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 370 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:25 AM

View PostRick Kraut but email is ok, on 30 January 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure its a bot too, but I didn't have any idea on how to confirm.
Now I do, Just not sure on how to do it.

You run your site through Cloudflare? Check the firewall logs if you use it.
Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#5 BenOwns

BenOwns

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:47 PM

there are a lot of web crawlers out there that will look in to your site for easy exploits. I would make sure that you have your security tight and not using any outdated php or apache servers running around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users