•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

Visibility of IV Donators download section

downloads suggestion files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Varth

Varth

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Donator

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

It might be a good idea to make the download section available only for donators read only for guests and normal members. That would be an additional encouragement to donate to the site as they could choose to donate to get access to that.

Currently one can only know about new / any stuff present there from Discord new-uploads channel, and many people don't use this medium.

Added bonus is that such an improvement requires just a few minutes of admin's time to make ;)

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 632 posts

Donator

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

IV is a free source for all members

if anyone like to donate to help keep iv up, license working, and getting more addons/themes, you can donate to do that and get access to the donor section.
Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 neptunus

neptunus

Invision-Virus Nerd

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

View PostVarth, on 12 January 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

It might be a good idea to make the download section available only for donators read only for guests and normal members.
Spoiler

Have you not thought that if someone shares something for free, it is also a donation? And as far as I know, people are here to help each other. Or do you have any other purpose?
I have never searched for anything here or downloaded it to get this thing. On the contrary, I've uploaded things to this server so others can find them more easily. And now you want to ban it?
People! Help others, if it is possible!

Edited by kaljukass, 13 January 2019 - 09:45 AM.

#4 Varth

Varth

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Donator

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:28 AM

View PostMr.TnT, on 12 January 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

IV is a free source for all members

And I hope that won't change :)

View Postkaljukass, on 12 January 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

And now you want to ban it?
Where do you want me to ban anything? Seriously? :D

Perhaps I've been misunderstood. I meant the donator section that normally is invisible to be shown without possibility of download in order for it work as additional enticement so people can donate and not paywall anything that is free!!!

#5 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 632 posts

Donator

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostVarth, on 13 January 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

- And I hope that won't change :)

Where do you want me to ban anything? Seriously? :D

Perhaps I've been misunderstood. I meant the donator section that normally is invisible to be shown without possibility of download in order for it work as additional enticement so people can donate and not paywall anything that is free!!!

it wont change.

chill out, i understand what you are trying to say and thank you for your suggestion, keep sharing your thoughts with us as it's very welcome and we do 100% care every suggestion and feedback we get.

but as you know, as a donator you get a special access to a section that not a normal user will get. something vip. So if anyone feels   curious about what's in that section he will need to pay $5 so he can get access and see some good extra stuff.

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users