•  

Important Notification

Members,
For your security and privacy please read this IV News Article to protect your community and your self from IPS. This is urgent and should be taken seriously.
Thank you,
IV Management

- - - - -

Who is the best hosting service ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 xerin

xerin

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 12:25 AM

I like the fact that the hosting service for someone who is really interested in opening the forum is really more important.
Is there a very good hosting company that has both handy interface and features? ;

And which hosting company do you use?

#2 Vengeance

Vengeance

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Donator

Posted 12 December 2018 - 07:30 PM

I personally use NFO servers. They have always been good to me. Round the clock support, the best DDOS protection, decent pricing, and most importantly non over loaded hardware that I've been able to tell. But there are a literal ton of hosts out there. I've heard good things about Blue Fang as well, never used them but I had a buddy that uses them, Ill check in with him and see if anything changed.

#3 cold

cold

IVN COO | Management Team

• Community Management
  • 310 posts

Donator

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:01 PM

View Postlozonr, on 12 December 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

I personally use NFO servers. They have always been good to me. Round the clock support, the best DDOS protection, decent pricing, and most importantly non over loaded hardware that I've been able to tell. But there are a literal ton of hosts out there. I've heard good things about Blue Fang as well, never used them but I had a buddy that uses them, Ill check in with him and see if anything changed.

Are you by any chance promoting NFO Servers? This is like the 3rd post I've approved where you're promoting them ;)

#4 thelinkz

thelinkz

Hmmm...

• Community Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

need hosting send over a pm or click my sig .

be happy to help .

theres a ton of great hosts around just do a quick google :)

#5 cold

cold

• Community Management
  • 310 posts

Donator

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

View PostMeHigh, on 15 December 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

I use 000.webhost and ByetHost. Works perfect and for free!

Free hosters like 000webhost won't work with IPS, just saying in case you're thinking you'll be able to host your installation there ;)

#6 Nordan

Nordan

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:45 AM

NFO servers are cheap and have everything you need to host a decent server but they aren't that good for a large scale website.
bestwebhosting.co.uk are more expensive but you have unlimited everything so it is more suited for larger scale projects

#7 kebre001

kebre001

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:27 PM

Have you considered Digitalocean's hosting?
Also Amazon AWS has a free tier you can try for a year.
https://aws.amazon.com/free/

#8 cold

cold

• Community Management
  • 310 posts

Donator

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

View Postkebre001, on 23 December 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Have you considered Digitalocean's hosting?
Also Amazon AWS has a free tier you can try for a year.
https://aws.amazon.com/free/

DigitalOcean is indeed very good, check out my site https://ecliptic.cc it's hosted on a DO VPS runs smooth as butter.

#9 dedna

dedna

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:49 AM

View PostNordan, on 18 December 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

NFO servers are cheap and have everything you need to host a decent server but they aren't that good for a large scale website.
bestwebhosting.co.uk are more expensive but you have unlimited everything so it is more suited for larger scale projects

I went and had a look at NFO Servers, found them to be expensive for what they are. The order form didn't scream as ease of use.

I personally use Vultr. (Not a recommendation) its unmanaged and the support team are great, but ask them for anything remotely managed and they won't help.

#10 germanshepherd

germanshepherd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

000webost has a very bad reputation and bad reviews so beware

#11 Kenzato

Kenzato

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:39 AM

if you want something cheap and good i recommend shockhosting. Ive been using them for a while now with a decent amount of traffic monthly. Support is pretty fast as well. And yes i am hopping onto the 000webhost is bad train, i was getting less than 200 users a day and the website crashed every damn hour.

#12 Tzuyu

Tzuyu

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:47 AM

I use Digitalocean for all my basic needs, I do have some own servers I use for hosting. But when I am developing something I mostly use Digitalocean servers, they are quick and easy to setup and the price is not that bad

#13 gl1tch1337

gl1tch1337

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

I'm using digitalocean for years and also if you're student. You can take 50$ free credit from Github education pack for using on digitalocean.

#14 Venocide

Venocide

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

I've used HostGator, DigitalOcean, JustHost, and now A2Hosting.. so far DigitalOcean and A2 have been the best. Speeds are good once you starting installing a lot of IPS extensions.

#15 IAmOptimus24

IAmOptimus24

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

I personally like somewhere I can have full control.
If I don't host it from my server then I host it from DigitalOcean.
They have a very simple and easy interface compared to AWS in my opinion.
Disclaimer, if you use DigitalOcean, you will need to know the basics of a web server and how to set one up.
You could use their preset LAMP droplet, but I prefer a clean droplet and install and configure from scratch.

#16 FurmigaHumana

FurmigaHumana

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

I've been on OVH since 2014 and never really had any issues, i pay around 15 EUR/month for a VPS  with Plesk (can't link, its one of the old plans, as I said i own it for years) and its been enough to run a ipb3 board and a few other sites with a fairly good amount of visits with great performance.

I would recomend a vps over any other type of shared hosting, i struggled a lot with shared hosts from several companies until i decided to put some effort into getting the vps working, best decision ever, much better performance and full control over your site.

#17 ovver

ovver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

DigitalOcean servers are fast and always up, I'd recommend them.

#18 axozer1

axozer1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:06 PM

I have a machine in ovh and it protect me for ddos attack, and is faster and cheaper

#19 ghostnorth

ghostnorth

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

I use several providers, depending on the purpose:
  • Development - Linode
  • General Production - OVH or Hetzner
  • Redundancy (i.e slave DNS) - NFOServers
  • Mission Critical - Co-located with Bahnhof

#20 qLion

qLion

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users