• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Kapshotz

Kapshotz

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:09 AM

In real terms, there is no big difference in the 2. You will still be able to get your work done. If you want to save money, get a hard drive. If you want speed and have a little more extra money, get an SSD. I have used hard drives for years and never had problems.

#22 SEOAlexRamon

SEOAlexRamon

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:43 AM

You have to try one or the other depending of the situation. Because SSD is more faster but you pay more than the HDD. If you pay the same money, always have more capacity with a HDD.

#23 GordonR

GordonR

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

There is no question that SSD's are so much faster the HDD, but if you can afford to buy a Motherboard make sure it has the M.2 form factor on Motherboard so much faster.

Buy a samsung NVMe for the O/S its so much better then standard SSD for read/write speeds and then buy a big a usb HDD for storing data.

I still have USB HDD running nearly 16 years now without any problems :)

Regards
Gordon

#24 axozer1

axozer1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Ssd is more faster than a HDD but is most expensive. I have two types and i prefer the ssd

#25 ArsenieBoca

ArsenieBoca

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

You have to try one or the other depending of the situation. Because SSD is more faster but you pay more than the HDD. If you pay the same money, always have more capacity with a HDD.

#26 mag2000

mag2000

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:44 AM

You know... with SSD your operating system starts a lot faster with standard HDD disc. I recommend you buy SSD drive with 120gb of memory for system and 2TB/1TB HDD drive for files and programs.

#27 qLion

qLion

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

OS and few most used programs on SSD. Everything else use a HDD. Although SSD prices are going down, eventually HDD will be a thing of the past.

#28 eDariling

eDariling

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:23 AM

if price is not the problem, ssd with no doubt.  They're incredibly fast in comparison with hdd.

#29 shuni32

shuni32

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

SSD is way faster than HDD <3 eventhough its pricey but still its worthit

#30 NotBootium

NotBootium

Community Friend

• Community Friend
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:47 AM

View Postoofsector24, on 01 December 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I have all my documents on a regular hard drive... Would it be hard to move just the Operating system to a SSD and keep my documents on the regular hard drive?

It would be best to do the above, I just recently did this, and oh my! Its amazing. I had a day of downtime total, but now everything is amazingly fast and smooth. It wasn't a hard transition at all. Just had to install the OS onto the drive and that was it.

#31 patgre39

patgre39

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

here are only SSD drives in my computer (2x 500gb). It seems to me that it makes no sense to buy HDD anymore, because SSD prices are quite low and they are falling down all the time

#32 otofock

otofock

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:04 AM

A tip I do for you, if you have money to buy a ssd I recommend buying, my computer is much faster after I put a ssd

#33 3dWARd

3dWARd

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:54 AM

View Postoofsector24, on 01 December 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

I have all my documents on a regular hard drive... Would it be hard to move just the Operating system to a SSD and keep my documents on the regular hard drive?

Move OS to SSD and other stuff that require a fast read/write data like games, documents and photos, movies, you can store on HDD
Trust me it the best on this way, I have 480 SSD and 1TB HDD <3

#34 Stefan1234

Stefan1234

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:15 PM

SSD its better every time, with ssd the computer turn on faster and the processes are faster too

#35 anc2005

anc2005

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:57 PM

Yea SSD is better than Regular Hard , and its more fast and good , buy it is good that Regular Hard ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users