phpBB vs ipb

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 baungratz

baungratz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

I have a community with 14k members on facebook. due to context we discussing we have banned.

i create a forum using phpp, is a simple forum. do i really need a robust IPB? is worth it?

tnx and sorry for my english

#2 seventeen82

seventeen82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:58 PM

This is really something you have to determine for yourself based on your community's needs. As a long time user of phpBB, I personally am in love with IPB4. Is is quite powerful, customizable, and has many more features available. You can almost fully recreate the facebook community through IPB4.

If you only need simple forums, phpBB may be enough to meet those needs.

#3 baungratz

baungratz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

View Postseventeen82, on 30 October 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

This is really something you have to determine for yourself based on your community's needs. As a long time user of phpBB, I personally am in love with IPB4. Is is quite powerful, customizable, and has many more features available. You can almost fully recreate the facebook community through IPB4.

If you only need simple forums, phpBB may be enough to meet those needs.

tnx man

#4 thelinkz

thelinkz

Hmmm...

• Special Friend
  • 419 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:25 AM

phpbb is free
ips is not theres a reason for that .

Posted Image

use code IV10OFF for 10% off for life

IPS install avalable

#5 Ramadandindon

Ramadandindon

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:28 AM

I have been co-administrator in a phpBB forum, then I wanted to set up my own and used XenForo for it. For me XF is very superior to phpBB, (it's only an opinion).

I don't know the "invision community" suite, but I suspect that it is also far superior to free software.

With 14k members? There is a new plug-in in IC, which I would like to apply in a new project. I mean the Clubs. In a community of several thousand users I think it is a perfect complement to create discussion groups with common interests, where the owner or leader of the club designs its own terms of use and its own forum structure, and the administrator is released from responsibility and work.

#6 Thunder

Thunder

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:51 AM

In my opinion IPB is more good than phpBB. phpBB has an older interface , and is not as friendly as IPB. But the idea is that you can't compare them because phpBB is free,good for his "0 dolar" price. If you want quality,  IPB is the best.

#7 thelinkz

thelinkz

Hmmm...

• Special Friend
  • 419 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:24 AM

View PostRamadandindon, on 02 November 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

I have been co-administrator in a phpBB forum, then I wanted to set up my own and used XenForo for it. For me XF is very superior to phpBB, (it's only an opinion).

I don't know the "invision community" suite, but I suspect that it is also far superior to free software.

With 14k members? There is a new plug-in in IC, which I would like to apply in a new project. I mean the Clubs. In a community of several thousand users I think it is a perfect complement to create discussion groups with common interests, where the owner or leader of the club designs its own terms of use and its own forum structure, and the administrator is released from responsibility and work.
ips can do that but you will be forced to buy it to use the converter system to import your content .

Posted Image

use code IV10OFF for 10% off for life

IPS install avalable

#8 Ramadandindon

Ramadandindon

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:51 AM

IPBoard = IPS = Invision Community ?

Excuse me. I think there are no importers for facebook:

https://invisioncomm...ervices/migrate

#9 k.seemann

k.seemann

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:21 AM

Invision is the best Board
I use phpbb with a Bridge to WordPress and its Not Funi to create a Clearstream theme

#10 AConley

AConley

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

IPB has a much more "modern" and sleek interface. If you're wanting to go with something more similar to Facebook, I'd choose IPB. From an administrator's perspective, IPB is also much more easy to use and navigation to perform daily functions is a breeze. IPB definitely has my vote over phpbb.

#11 GoDzIlLa15

GoDzIlLa15

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

IPB wins clearly because you have a lot of way to costumize your website/forum/etc and looks good while php looks soo ugly =]

#12 topson

topson

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:41 AM

for me Invision is the best
no comparison possible
only we can compare Invision vs xenforo

#13 KDS

KDS

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:21 AM

IPB without a doubt is the better choice.
While they might both be forum software - its a night and day comparison!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users