•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

4.3 Feels Slow?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

Hello! I'm using NFOServers for hosting and I've noticed my website feels really slow, I also tried hosting on my own server machines and same thing. I remember 4.2 and previous being quite speedy, is there a way to help increase my speeds on the forum?

Thank you!

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 687 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

Are you not using caching? Do you have enough resources on your hosting? Are you running a lot of plugins and applications on your site? These are all things that can slow it down...

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

I am caching now, yes I have enough resources, and I have no plugins. Only application I do have is Steam Login. Is there tips to speed it up in general? I was using Xenforo previously and it was instantly loading things with and without caching.

#4 killjoy

killjoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Donator

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostPleco, on 19 October 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I am caching now, yes I have enough resources, and I have no plugins. Only application I do have is Steam Login. Is there tips to speed it up in general? I was using Xenforo previously and it was instantly loading things with and without caching.

Use a Dedicated server.

#5 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

View Postkilljoy, on 19 October 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Use a Dedicated server.
I used my server machine at home, had an SSD too for the databases and it was pretty slow still. I thought it was just me so I decided to try using NFO and it was still slow but my Xenforo is instant loading. I'm wondering if there's an option somewhere that's messed up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users