•  

Staff applications open!

We are looking for dedicated members to join the Community Team to help enforce the community rules and make IV a better place for everyone.
Do you think you have what it takes to join? Apply here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

4.3 Feels Slow?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

Hello! I'm using NFOServers for hosting and I've noticed my website feels really slow, I also tried hosting on my own server machines and same thing. I remember 4.2 and previous being quite speedy, is there a way to help increase my speeds on the forum?

Thank you!

#2 cold

cold

Management Team

• Community Management
  • 671 posts

Donator

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

Are you not using caching? Do you have enough resources on your hosting? Are you running a lot of plugins and applications on your site? These are all things that can slow it down...

Community Rules | IV Discord | News
discord: cold#0001
steam: /id/hitmarker

#3 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

I am caching now, yes I have enough resources, and I have no plugins. Only application I do have is Steam Login. Is there tips to speed it up in general? I was using Xenforo previously and it was instantly loading things with and without caching.

#4 killjoy

killjoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Donator

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

View PostPleco, on 19 October 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

I am caching now, yes I have enough resources, and I have no plugins. Only application I do have is Steam Login. Is there tips to speed it up in general? I was using Xenforo previously and it was instantly loading things with and without caching.

Use a Dedicated server.

#5 Pleco

Pleco

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

View Postkilljoy, on 19 October 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Use a Dedicated server.
I used my server machine at home, had an SSD too for the databases and it was pretty slow still. I thought it was just me so I decided to try using NFO and it was still slow but my Xenforo is instant loading. I'm wondering if there's an option somewhere that's messed up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users