• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Computer or console?

#2 ThinkerBell

ThinkerBell

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:11 AM

Depends by the bugget. if your buget is around 300$ , get a console. but as I guess that you will want to use computer for gaming too, you will need a buget of at least  600$ so you can play some decent games. And if you are looking to build it yourself, you might wanna look for some parts on craiglist or ebay... or what ever people are willing to sell computer parts around your town.

Now both of them have ups and downs. On console you have to buy the games, New or used, you have to buy them. For computer, as long as you have internet, can pirate some games, on wich you won't pay like no penny and some times you could buy them  too.. Who knows!

But as a starter, if it was me , i would check my buget first. then i would decide.

#3 jarodot

jarodot

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:57 AM

Computer. There's a whole lot more games available and you can easily build one to suit your needs and budget, vs a console which is basically just one-size-fits-all. You can just upgrade your GPU every few years if you need to to keep up with the newest games, whereas new consoles come out at a much slower pace.

Also, mouse + keyboard is my preferred way to play, controllers are too static.

#4 darki

darki

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:05 PM

Computer for me too. The initial cost is higher but you can get greater deals with games, use mods etc.

#5 TenPenny

TenPenny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:35 AM

Like some have stated above the initial cost for PC is enough to steer some away, but if someone is willing to put down some cash and get themselves started they'll find that you can do much more with your PC. Modifications is a major part of PC gaming for me, sure there a couple of games on Console that allow modding capabilities, but no where near the amount that you are permitted on a PC.

#6 ajz4k

ajz4k

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Computer has better graphic

#7 1337root

1337root

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

Computer for work and some games, console for games and movies. Both is very good :)

#8 SPIRIT753

SPIRIT753

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Here is the list of benefits that I could see during my 21 years on console and my 12 years on PC

PC benefits:
-évolutif
-choice of the controller
dedicated servers
-the retro
-emulation
-modding
-21/9, multiple screen
-60FPS on almost all games, see more
-graphic improvement
EXCLUSIONS
- long-term price (game prices, free online, update instead of buying everything back)

Console Benefits:
- Physical game
-simpler
despite cheating
EXCLUSIONS
-Price of primer (price of the console with controller included)

#9 debstup

debstup

The Great

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

Console is more comfortable to use, local multiplayer friendly, but pc has many more games, emulators, better graphics.

#10 Flyburn

Flyburn

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

Compute by a Mile. You can get so much more from it.-

#11 hillj2004

hillj2004

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

As stated before, console for anyone that has a limited budget. I personally enjoy building my rigs and using a mouse and keyboard so I don't even own a console. The upgrade-ability of it makes it far much more versatile than a console.

#12 Addiis

Addiis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

Computer everyday over Console! I don't want to spend $600(ballpark) for a console when I can build a good gaming computer for around $800(ballpark) and it will last a lot longer then a console will. Also don't forget you don't have to pay for Xbox live or PSN Live when you are gaming on a computer.

#13 deadc

deadc

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

I prefer computer but you can't beat having both for the exclusives. But for starting out in gaming I'd suggest you go for a console as its easier and more straight forward and games are just easier to play (Racing games especially)

#14 Averax

Averax

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

In my opinion, there is no point in comparing the PC between the console.

You do not have an FPS lock on your computer, you can change it when you want to upgrade it with newer parts.

However, on the console you will receive unique games that are not available on the PC, eg Uncharted.

#15 Creators

Creators

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

PC , Excellent but the problem in its price is rather exaggerated

#16 elitepc

elitepc

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

Depends the purpose.
Do you want the best framerate with the best quality? PC.
Do you want something to play on the couch with some friends? Usually console.
Do you have a limited budget for a gaming system and just want something that works? Console.
Do you need a pc for other things too? PC would be more useful

#17 austinonpc

austinonpc

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

I can play games like CS:GO on the pc, cant really play fast shooters on the console

#18 4Unknow

4Unknow

Advanced Member

• 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

the two have their characteristics.
Console only for games, computer more for work.
It depends on the likes and dislikes of each other,

I use computer only for work and console for games.

#19 jarinity

jarinity

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

PC Master race here. I duno what it is, but there are actually some games I just prefer to play on console. And I think it's to do with the controller versus genre. Obviously moba and FPS are nicer on the computer. But I have a PS4 and gaming comp and just swtich the headset and HDMI channel between the two. I'm also not too sold on the PC performance thing... I mean, its about the games. If the game is on both, then probably leaning towards PC.

#20 Amadeus

Amadeus

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

For playing games like FPS, Roguelike etc. i think the best is PC
but playing games with story (e.g. Witcher, Horizon, Skyrim) the best is console.

However, Playstation have good exclusives! Horizon, Detroit, God Of War etc... well Console is better for games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users