How Hard is it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bob_Chance2020

Bob_Chance2020

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:08 AM

Hey guys, so my name is Jake Thompson. I am wondering how hard is it to code and or script a simple code for a game. I am currently interested in loading maybe like LUA. I want to learn because I am currently interested in the computer and or computer science area of study in college. I am just wanting to know if it really hard. If it is hard what is hard about. I am pretty smart and usually get the hang of things pretty quickly. Also what kind of programming do you guys use?. I am wanting to know all about this and what is the average salary of a computer programmer. Like are coding languages harder then others. I am really know to programming and I really want to know all about this. Thanks guys!

#2 tr0yyy

tr0yyy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

The basics of coding a game are in Alice3. Then you can advance in Unreal Engine.:) However first of all you need a good knowledge of C++ or C# to gain computational thinking

#3 Sh0oter

Sh0oter

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:25 AM

tr0yyy, on 08 April 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

The basics of coding a game are in Alice3. Then you can advance in Unreal Engine. :) However first of all you need a good knowledge of C++ or C# to gain computational thinking
Not only C++ nor C# can be uset to gain 'computational thinking'. Learning basics of Java and advancing in Unity is also an option

#4 mikelmao

mikelmao

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:54 AM

If you are good in logical thinking then you'll probably learn pretty fast. Programming is logical thinking. IF something is true do this ELSE do something else.Thats the most simple explanation of what programming but obviously a lot deeper then that :P If your not any good with being around a computer at all then definitely cant recommend trying it out, I dont believe theres a half way, you either completely love it, are absolutely hate it :P

As far is salary goes, in the netherlands start salary after finishing school for it is like 2.5k euros so pretty decent ^^

#5 dgwnz

dgwnz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

Here in Brazil they value a lot of developers in Unity, the company samsung here contracts with average values ​​between R$5k. Unity is very easy for anyone who is starting in the area and has a great demand in the labor market at least in the country where I live haha

#6 mriaco

mriaco

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationJoao Pessoa, PB

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

For game developing i recommend you unity or unreal engine 4. Unity better for 2D and platform games, unreal for all the rest rsrsrsrs

#7 elitepc

elitepc

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

I agree with mriaco, however, if you start with unity, and I think that you should (don't try to make a hit game in your first try, start with something achievable), learn one of the languages that it uses too alongside the unity tutorials.

You have great tutorials on c#, javascript in many websites, use them to your advantage.

#8 Amadeus

Amadeus

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:51 PM

"How Hard is it?" - this isn't hard, this is very easy. When u start learning some of language (e.g. C#, C++) you will understand how easy it is.

About Engine. I think u can start working with Unreal Engine, because this is the best on this moment.

Good Luck and the most important - Have Fun ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users