•  

PMs unavailable

We are aware that PMs are currently not loading. There is an issue with the database. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible!
Thank you for understanding.
IV Management

- - - - -

Is Photoshop even worth it.?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ghostess

ghostess

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSD

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

I recently just started my free trial on photoshop (use to use paint tool sai I just wanted to change for a while)  

And I'm not assumed at all I don't see the appeal at all (maybe cause I'm just getting started) the only reason I would see my self-using it is for editing gifs...

what's your guy's opinion on Photoshop.?

#2 Rinto Scriptz

Rinto Scriptz

Verified Uploader

• Verified Uploader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

I use it for very basic things. Renders, fixing up any imperfections in a person's skin if they request it.  I do my logos in Photoshop for many forums. If you want to use it for basic things like I do, you're better off getting illegally. But if you're going straight into Graphic Design, definitely get the legit version. It's worth it and if a Company doesn't have a license for some reason but you do, that's a plus for you.

#3 claims

claims

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

You need to ask yourself how professional are you gonna go? I use photoshop for video editing (parallax effects) and product icons to my store. And like Rinto said, go legal! You can start a monthly subscriptions, heck even free trial. Sadly photoshop demands quite a lot memory, 8gb ram would be little.. I used 8 gb on my computer, had to upgrade to 32gb !

#4 ChaosXO

ChaosXO

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 01:34 AM

Depends on the use, if you want to just troll around, don't even waste your time. If you want to use it somehow in a professional way, then it is indeed worth it.

#5 RootyFruity

RootyFruity

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:51 PM

Photoshop is great although, you can use other tools.

#6 Humaniac

Humaniac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCologne - NRW - Germany

Donator

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:57 AM

Every now and then I use the tools from Adobe. However, I also use Corel PaintShop Pro 2018.

For video editing I like to use Corel VideoStudio 2018 and also use Corel's Live Screen Capture, which I often use to record tutorials on the screen.

#7 qFloppy

qFloppy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

In my opinion yeah, Photoshop is worth, you can do many thing in photoshop

#8 Dominikt123

Dominikt123

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

I recommend photoshop because I use it on a daily basis. I enjoy working with him because it provides integration with other adobe products. It has many functions, is constantly developed and many companies (when it comes to employment) look at the knowledge of this program.

#9 kingman

kingman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

Photoshop is definitely easier to work with and you have a lot more tools you can use. Unlike paint.net or whatever you have been using, photoshop all the way.

#10 halo23347

halo23347

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Photoshop is probably one of the best photo editing softwares in the market. The rest are either copycats or rip-offs. I have used Photoshop for years, and even when I was a beginner I still got the job done. As I learn't the ins and outs of it, it made it an even better program to use. It is good for amateurs and professionals.

#11 BadFub

BadFub

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:30 PM

I personally think Photoshop is still really worth the money. You have everything in one place and you don't really need to jump around other programs. Really good alternative option for Photoshop would be Affinity and you should consider that software too. It cost around 50euro and it is just one payment for life time.

#12 SkullBlocked

SkullBlocked

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:44 AM

It's very good men, it has several tools it's easy to mover .

#13 Legende2003

Legende2003

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Yes
There are many option that i like

#14 bassie4112

bassie4112

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Well, Photoshop is one of those programs you can do a lot in. Of course, it cost some money but its more than worth it. And its a easy program to learn.

#15 Leonnatus

Leonnatus

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

I prefer Photoshop to other software. I've tried Illustrator but find it a lot more difficult, even when doing the same stuff I do in Photoshop. I'd say learn it good and you can use it for anything.

#16 ogwizard

ogwizard

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:05 AM

I use Photoshop quite a lot for about 3 or 4 years, it's useful for many occasions but it depends on your roles and why you need to use an bitmap creation tool.

But honestly, it's worth buying it.

#17 miki9a9

miki9a9

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:42 PM

Definitely worth it! whole adobe creative cloud is must have application for Designers!

#18 Takkummi

Takkummi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

Yes, if you are going into a graphical diploma then you would want to use a legal copy but if it is for minor use, illegal is your best option.

#19 raaj

raaj

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

Definitely worth it! It's easy and good for designing.

#20 Zig

Zig

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

I'm using photoshop for about 4 years and I learned designing for it. It's worth and usefuil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users