•  

Staff applications open!

We are currently in need of more staff members. Feel you are ready to take on the tasks of being a Community Team Member? Apply today here: http://invision-viru...f-applications/
IV Management

- - - - -

AMD or INTEL?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 amm007

amm007

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:19 AM

I vote AMD

Waiting to see the new benchmarks for the Threadripper 3960X and 3970X.

#62 AnduTzu

AnduTzu

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:50 PM

AMD because it is better for gaming which most of us is looking for.
Also, I can say INTEL it is very good on programming, in my point of view.

#63 Kwasiks

Kwasiks

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

I've had AMD for as long as I remember. It mostly is a cheaper solution than Intel.

Games are better optimized for Intel. But you can't really say that anymore with the new ryzen series.
I think AMD is at the top currently.

#64 MuDragon

MuDragon

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

Look I've had a lot of problems with AMD.
I do not recommend living in a warm place.
My friends use AMD and they like it but I have never had luck with this brand.

Already the INTEL, I never had problems so much that until today I have my Dell notebook without any problem and look that I use it a lot.
My notebook is an I7 with 16gb Ram, SSD bought it in the year 2014 and to this day without any problems.

#65 digdig18

digdig18

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:40 AM

My brother has issues with few games using AMD, as an Intel user, I rather use intel as it has large compatibility... if you're low in budget AMD won't be a problem for a while

#66 Headshot

Headshot

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:49 AM

They are both good, if you are wanting to splash cash then get INTEL, if you are on a budget you can pick up a cheaper AMD one but it would do the job anyway.

#67 rautate98

rautate98

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:35 AM

AMD is more good for gaming and have a low price and intel is for programing and have a hight price

Personal i choose the AMD

#68 TheCloaker

TheCloaker

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDMCA Ignored Country

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:57 PM

Matter what you wanna do on your PC Intel is good for stuff like editing videos etc, as AMD is good for handling games.

#69 Popa279

Popa279

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:38 AM

AMD in my opinion, because the series ryzen is better than Intel. More power and the price is very good.

#70 johnwilliamson

johnwilliamson

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:51 PM

I prefer intel for the reason that they're better optimized from my experience. I have more trust in them as a brand too rather than risking a large amount of money in AMD in which is not as widely accepted in comparison due to some possible software requirements which these days is fading away but like I said, I guess I'm just a bit of an Intel fan but they're much more suited if you want to be into gaming, live streaming, video streaming etcetera.

#71 The Riot

The Riot

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:18 PM

View PostTheCloaker, on 26 March 2020 - 10:57 PM, said:

Matter what you wanna do on your PC Intel is good for stuff like editing videos etc, as AMD is good for handling games.

I personally have Intel currently, but AMD has really stepped up their game the past few years (Since the original thread here was made even), and you can get alot for the the price you pay with AMD. My next upgrade will likely be AMD. Like TheCloaker here said, really depends on what your wanting to do.

#72 WilliamSkelton

WilliamSkelton

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:20 AM

I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy, I have a 2700x CPU and a Vega 56 in my gaming rig. I definitely think that AMD has taken over the market for users that need power for more than single core/thread workloads as well as exhibiting fantastic price for performance. That being said the recent decision regarding the b550 chipset and the next line of CPU's coming out is a step in the wrong direction, it's also a great reminder that AMD and Intel aren't all that different. They're out to make money

#73 Vice @ GV-RP

Vice @ GV-RP

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:20 AM

I don't think I've ever used Intel, so I'd like to try.

Posted Image

#74 vnairp11

vnairp11

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:13 AM

AMD is great especially the Ryzen 1700, it is probably the best bang for your buck but for stability I still prefer Intel. I noticed that intel motherboards are also built very stable compared to AMD. AMD does have its glitches from time to time.

#75 gamerpro420

gamerpro420

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:56 PM

I used to be a big Intel fan and trashed on anyone who used AMD. But AMDs new CPUs are looking really good and even better than alot of Intels CPUs when it comes to game performance. Intel has been lacking in the consumer market for the past few years now but has really come to light recently with the new AMD Ryzen and  Threadripper CPUs.

For now........... I vote AMD

#76 FLQ

FLQ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

I once gave AMD the chance, now I don't waste my INTEL time forever.
But on the other hand welcome for AMD, which is driving down prices.

#77 Praefatio

Praefatio

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:24 PM

I prefer the brand that fits the bill best for what i need a computer for there and then, and for the foreseeable future. Tech companies aren't sports teams, no need to be loyal to whatever - go for what suits your needs best!
My signature will contain links to my communities when i get to know you guys :)

#78 Affliction

Affliction

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:00 PM

Personally on my gaming rig I use AMD and on my workstation I use Intel, for some reason I just feel more comfortable compiling code on an Intel based machine (had a really bad time with AMD on an Old PC with compiling times)

#79 Aloadae

Aloadae

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 11:55 AM

I like AMD a lot just because I've been using them for a bit. I honestly would like to transition to intel whenever i upgrade as for my build currently it has been causing some problems.

#80 LegentOfDragon

LegentOfDragon

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 02 December 2020 - 01:12 AM

This topic is very interesting since Intel has always been one of the best if not the best! but it should be noted that AMD is doing it in recent years phenomenal either with the graphics or with the processors, the truth is that the choice is not difficult, thinking that AMD has been doing it well all these years for me it takes all my purchases

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)