MYSQL

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aeros

Aeros

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:58 AM

Hello, I was wondering if MYSQL Is hard to learn, I need to learn it to add certian things to my site? can anyone give me some feed back?

#2 FKDATSHT

FKDATSHT

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

I wouldn't really say it's "hard" to learn, fairly easy.

#3 VoidNetworkPT

VoidNetworkPT

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:41 AM

I'm not very experienced but I have built a couple of simple websites that used MySQL. If you don't know that it is, it is basically a system that allows you to store information on a database, from which you can access and retrieve information. You start by creating tables that contain different columns with different information about it's entries, for example, a table called "Users" may contain the columns "ID, Username, Age, Email" etc. which are then assigned to each entry. It's also important that you know you must use a different programming language in order to access this data and display it on your website, for example PHP, which requires a bit more time to learn than MySQL. MySQL is really not that hard to learn the basics, but the deep concepts are harder to learn, but if you're planning to build a not very sophisticated website, you will be fine.

Here's a little SQL query just so you can see how it works. and how accessible it is:
SELECT Username FROM Users WHERE Age=19

This query will retrieve all the usernames from the table "Users" where the age equals to 19.

#4 emm.strips

emm.strips

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:04 AM

There's a lot of tools and applications to automate building databases for you, but I recommend learning the basics at the least. It's good for when it comes to managing and if you need to mass replace stuff. Like the guy above me said, the deeper the more difficult.

#5 Sh0oter

Sh0oter

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:30 AM

I would strongly recommend you to get any graphic interface for better understanding MySQL. I'm personally using Navicat.

#6 hissen7

hissen7

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

It's not really hard once you're used to queries and so on.....

!

#7 xPrince

xPrince

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

mysql belongs to the easier programming languages

#8 wiikey

wiikey

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

Do you know the code PDO access to Mysql on IPS.
Could you please fix the CODE so that it can be used with this IPS BOARD?

[font="MS Pゴシック", Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3"]try {[/font]
[font="MS Pゴシック", Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3"]$pdo = new PDO('mysql:dbname=' . $db['dbname'] . ';host=' . $db['host'] , $db['user'] , $db['pass'] );[/font]
[font="MS Pゴシック", Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3"]} catch (PDOException $e) {[/font]
[font="MS Pゴシック", Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3"]exit('can't access mysql' . $e->getMessage());[/font]
[font="MS Pゴシック", Osaka, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3"]}[/font]

#9 Geo620

Geo620

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

Yes, simple enough. Once you understand the structure.

To help you :

https://downloads.my...erpt-5.5-en.pdf

#10 Douzan

Douzan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:32 AM

I wouldn't say MYSQL is hard because most of where MYSQL is used is done via an application. I prefer SQLYOG. Having the basic SQL command knowledge surely helps but the application can help you out. There are apps out there to even generate SQL code for you, based on the results you were seeking. If you are a back-end developer, I would definitely suggest learning SQL but if you are a front end or designer and just needs to get an idea of what it is, I suggest not learning it and just looking at applications that support it instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users